Laser Treatments: Are you unhappy with the skin you’re in?
While some of you must be fretting over those fine lines that give away your age, some might be losing sleep over scars of bygone acne.
Some of you might be unhappy with skin pigmentation, while some of you might be looking at ways to remove unwanted hair.
Whatever the case might be, you can thank your stars that you no longer live in the 20th century,1920s, when beautifying yourself cosmetically was either inaccessible, or wasn’t even an option at all.
With medicine advancing by leaps and bounds, there are several ways in which you can achieve the look you desire – be it younger looking skin or the picture perfect nose – dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons are becoming excellent craftsmen assisted by the best of technology.
One of the technologies most loved by cosmetic surgeons all around the globe, and in India, is laser.
Yes, the same laser that lights up the sky, is also powerful enough to beautify you, and in several ways possible.
Laser Treatments – A Promise Of Permanent Beauty
Light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation, or Laser, as it’s popularly known, came into existence in 1960. Since then, it’s made several things possible, but has risen on the popularity charts when it comes to medicine. While there are several specialities in medicine that put lasers to optimum use to treat patients, the one area where laser is dominating as one of the most popular forms of treatments is cosmetic surgery.
From sagging skin to pigmentation, from dark circles to acne and its scars, from removal of unwanted hair to making wrinkles disappear, lasers are the new ‘miracle’ that cosmetic surgery has witnessed. Thanks to its non-invasive approach, lasers have made beautifying almost pain-free, and certainly more permanent.
Do You Need Laser Treatments?
Let’s understand that it’s not just about beauty. Things like acne scars or even unwanted hair can do more harm to you psychologically than physically. From lacking confidence to disliking yourself, the flipsides of having to deal with such body issues can be quite daunting.
Just like most cosmetic surgeons around the world, we believe that everybody deserves to love themselves the way they are, yet, most of the times, it’s easier said than done. Therefore, I strongly suggest people suffering from such issues to consult with a reputed cosmetologist.
At Ambrosia, we get several such cases on a regular basis. So, if you are thinking whether a cosmetic laser procedure can help uplift your confidence and beauty, then you can always feel free to simply walk into Ambrosia Clinic and have a chat with us.
You obviously cannot take a decision until you have all the details required, and that’s what we are here for. We will help you make an informed choice on whether you are a good candidate for a laser treatment, based on several factors like:
- Your Condition/issue: Is your problem treatable using lasers? If yes, we will suggest the type of treatment, the number of sessions required and so on. If no, then we will suggest alternate treatments like medicines, surgery or filler injections.
- The Intensity Of The Problem: If your problem has gone beyond a certain extent, then laser treatments might not work for you. In this case too, we will suggest alternative treatments.
- The Triggering Factors: We try to understand the causes of the problem. This is important because even after the treatment, if the causes persist, then the treatment will not be of much use.
- Your Expectations: This is a critical area. We should be able to come to an understanding how much result improvement can be expected and in how much time.
How Will Laser Help You?
Now that you have understood a little bit about lasers, it’s also important to know whether a laser treatment would be of any use to you. So, if you have issues and you don’t know what to do, here’s a list of all your skin problems that lasers can help to treat.
Acne Scars Leaving You Depressed? Laser Treatment Is The Best For You!
Acne can be quite a frustrating experience, and many of you might have had them.. Now, the problem isn’t just with acne. Even after they’ve gone away from your lives, it’s not really a happily ever after for all.. Acne might go away, but they leave scars behind, preventing you from sporting that flawlessly beautiful skin that you had always desired.
Laser works wonderfully well on acne scars. However, before you make that choice, there is one thing you must understand. The type of laser treatment you choose, will depend on what type of acne scar you have. Yes, acne scars also come in types! Here are the most common types of acne scars:
- Ice pick acne scars: The skin looks like it’s been punctured with an ice pick.
- Rolling acne scars: These are shallow and broadly-shaped depressions with rounded edges.
- Boxcar acne scars: These are broader than ice pick scars.
- Hypertrophic acne scars: These pink or red scars are elevated above the skin.
- Keloid acne scars: These happen when there is excess collagen production in relatively darker skin-toned people.
- Hyperpigmentation acne scars: The most type of acne scar that leaves behind dark spots.
- Hypopigmentation acne scars – These scars are lighter than normal skin colour.
- Erythematous acne scars (permanent redness): These pink or red scars are usually found in people with lighter skin tone.
It might be easy to read about them, but only an expert will be able to identify these scars and suggest you the best possible laser treatments to help you fix them.
That brings us to an important question: what are the different types of laser treatments that work on acne scars. Here are some of the most popularly prescribe:
- Smoothbeam Laser Treatments
- Fraxel Laser Treatments
- Vbeam Laser Treatments
So, if you have acne scars, you needn’t put up with them. Visit Ambrosia Clinic and you will be given an in-depth diagnosis with treatments explained, giving you clarity on how
to proceed. At Ambrosia, we have all forms of laser treatments available for acne scars. So, check your options to get rid of acne!
Hate The Unwanted Hair? Laser Will Take Care Of It!
Did you recently visit your beauty parlour for a session of waxing and cringe throughout the procedure, because it was literally ripping your hair off your body?
Yes, that pain is real.
Have you also, in a bid to escape the pain, tried to shave off the unwanted hair at home and ended up with cuts and bruises?
Even after you are done shaving, your good old friend – the unwanted hair – returns in a matter of a few days . And if you happen to run your fingers through the shaved portion, instead of feeling smooth, soft skin, you’ll find a rough terrain.
So, you either have to put up with pain, or face razor bumps and cuts. Is there no alternative?
Of course, there is!
Laser treatments come to your rescue in this case also! This alternative is pain-free and permanent! Nothing can get better than this! But then, laser treatments aren’t just about wielding the tool over the targeted area; the procedure requires precision and medical knowledge. Laser beams are directed at the hair follicles, pigments in which absorb the light and get destroyed.
At Ambrosia, we ensure that any patient who comes in for laser hair removal is explained a few things.
- Number Of Sessions: The Treatment Duration, Or The Number Of Sessions Depend On Two Things: One, The Hair Density And The Size Of Area.
- Suitable Areas: The areas on which laser hair removal treatment works – face, underarms, chin, neck, back, hands and legs.
- Medical History: We also like to check their medical history to understand if there is any health condition triggering unwanted hair growth in them. In that case, we generally advise them to undergo treatment for that condition, so that the laser hair removal treatment yields desired results.
One Thing That Must Be Kept In Mind Is The Fact That Once The Procedure Is Over, It’s Critical That You Protect Your Skin From The Sun. Otherwise, There Isn’t Really A Downtime. At Ambrosia, We Have Handled Several Cases Of Hair Removal, So If You Want To Ditch Waxing, Shaving And Hair Removal Creams, Walk Into Ambrosia Clinic to Have hair-free Skin!
Iron Out The Wrinkles That Make You Look Older- With Laser Treatments
Time waits for none, and has some of the most evident impacts on your skin. You might feel young, but your fine lines and wrinkles might give away your age, or in fact, might make you look older. While anti-ageing creams and serums only play a small part, don’t you wish, sometimes, that there was something that would iron out all those creases of age and wisdom?
That’s where laser treatments come in again! Yes, laser can also help your skin look and feel younger, by working effectively on fine lines and wrinkles. Laser resurfacing is a procedure using which your wrinkles are removed, or at least reduced.This method uses fractional carbon dioxide (CO2) and erbium lasers to helps remove the signs of ageing. Laser energy is delivered on the affected skin to burn the layers of skin and treat the lines and wrinkles.
It’s very effective and his highly recommended for areas around the eyes, around the lips, cheeks and even on the neck.
When somebody walks into Ambrosia Clinic for a laser treatment for their wrinkles, we advise them a few things.
- Lasers can work on smoothening the texture but if there is sagginess and hanging folds -thread lift or facelift surgery may be better option.
- We always ask our patients to let us know if they are on medications. The way skin reacts to lasers, especially when it comes to treatments for wrinkles could be different when there are certain medicines being taken.
If you are looking at fighting the signs of ageing, laser resurfacing is a great option. However, please consult a doctor before you decide.
Apart from these, lasers also work on several other skin conditions like hyperpigmentation, pimples, dark circles and the like, that come between you and flawlessness.
Even though lasers have multiple uses, yet, one question that bothers most is whether it’s safe or not.
Pain-free, Permanent And Powerful: Laser Treatments Are Great!
Lasers won’t cause your skin any harm. In fact, that’s one of the reasons why it’s so popular with both doctors and patients.
- Laser treatments are almost painless.Some lasers cause little discomfort but prior application of anesthesia cream makes the procedure very comfortable.
- Results are visible and long-lasting , but you won’t see results in just the first sitting. You will require a number of sessions, like mentioned above, depending on the area and the intensity of the issue. Talk to us about it.
- Laser treatments have no side effects as such. However, be prepared for some redness and soreness on the area that has been treated.
- Laser treatments have been around for a long time now, and it’s been proved by practice that they are completely safe.
Your Skin Deserves The Best. So, Opt For The Best, Too!
Even though laser treatments are very safe, yet, they should be performed by somebody trustworthy. Remember these points before you get a laser treatment done:
- Read the online reviews of the doctor and the clinic.
- The equipment used for the procedure plays a very important role. So, ensure that you research well.
- Laser treatments require proper preparations and best practices to recover from the procedure.
- Don’t be shy to ask questions. At Ambrosia, I believe that no question is stupid, no query is dumb. So, get all your doubts clarified.
At the end of the day, all that matters is how you feel. If you have any skin issue that is bothering you, please feel free to consult us. If you are looking to get any cosmetic problem treated, at Ambrosia, you’re in the right hands.
Beauty, after all, is not just looks. It’s an experience!
About Ambrosia Clinic:
Dr. Priti Shukla is the best female cosmetic surgeons in Hyderabad. She has 18 years of experience in cosmetic plastic surgery and thousands of satisfied patients. Ambrosia Clinic is leading skin plastic surgery clinic of Hyderabad since 2009. Our team of dermatologist and Plastic surgeons at Ambrosia clinic offer services like hair transplantation, laser, skin care and plastic surgery.