Heavy Upper Eyelids
Droopiness of upper eyelids can be by birth, and that is called Ptosis. Besides that droopiness and heaviness also happens in healthy eyes with ageing. Heaviness feels more in the evenings after a long day’s work. People seek treatment for this because it is unattractive and makes the person look aged, but also because heaviness interferes with reading and in severe cases restricts the field of vision.
Droopy and heavy eyelids can have one or more of the following problems:
1. Excess skin in upper eyelid, hanging up eyelashes and causing difficulty in application of eye makeup in women
2. Excess fatty bulges adding to heaviness
3. Droopy/saggy eyebrow: Eyebrow sags down with age and gravity. That adds to cramping up of skin in the upper eyelid
4. Ptosis: the weakness of eyelid elevating muscle can be by birth, due to injury or just related to ageing.
Treatment of drooping eyelid requires a thorough assessment of the cause. Treatment gives youthful, opened up, fresh look to the upper eyelid and relieves the heavy feeling.
One or more of the following procedures is done to address the problem:
- Upper eyelid Blepharoplasty surgery: This surgery removes extra skin and fat pads and gives a long lasting solution
- injections can elevate the eyebrow and thus reduce the heaviness and give attractive look
- Viora RF treatment: This treatment tightens the skin of the forehead and thus raises the eyebrows.
Before & After
Patient - 1
Patient - 2
Meet Dr. Priti Shukla
Dr. Priti Shukla has been in practice since 2001 with a primary interest in cosmetic surgery, specifically breast enhancement, body contouring, and non-surgical facial rejuvenation. She is a member of many prestigious associations and is considered the best female cosmetic surgeon in India and a top plastic surgeon in Hyderabad. Today, her client list includes models, actors, homemakers, professionals, and students from around the globe.
Dr.Priti Shukla is best in every aspect.We feel very comfortable with her and also her staff members. Thank you very much Dr. Priti. I will always be in contact with you.You are the best doctor than others (whom I met earlier).
Being out of shape is one of the scariest sin of today’s world. Not only its bad for health but also only a fat person can understand how humiliating people make their lives. Thankfully there are ample options available in market today.
Very amazing staff and Doctor got me in and out very quickly . Prices are very reasonable and every one very friendly I was very comfortable throughout my whole experience. Thank you so much