Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgery in Hyderabad
Drooping of upper eyelids, called Ptosis, can be from birth. Besides that drooping and heaviness can also happen in healthy eyes with ageing. Heaviness feels more in the evenings after a long day’s work. People seek for eyelid surgery in Hyderabad not only because it is unattractive and makes the person look aged, but also because heaviness interferes with reading and in severe cases restricts the field of vision.
You can be eligible for eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty if your droopy and heavy eyelids are leading to the following problems:
- Excess skin in upper eyelid, hanging up eyelashes and causing difficulty in application of eye makeup in women
- Excess fatty bulges adding to heaviness
- Droopy/saggy eyebrow: Eyebrow sags down with age and gravity. That adds to cramping up of skin in the upper eyelid
- Ptosis: the weakness of eyelid elevating muscle can be by birth, due to injury or just related to ageing.
We always believe that the pre-procedure consultation is a critical part of any treatment. It not only allows for all questions and doubts to be addressed by Dr. Priti Shukla, one of the top Blepharoplasty surgeons in Hyderabad, but also allows for planning the way ahead. You may have expectations beyond the realms of reality, the consultation will help align them to what is the best for your body.
Also all previous medical history is taken into account and costs etc may be discussed openly.
You will be advised to undergo the following tests for detailed analysis before the surgery-
- Complete eye exam – Includes testing for tear production and measuring parts of the eyelids.
- Visual field testing – To see if there are blind spots in the corners of the eyes (peripheral vision).
- Eyelid photography – Your eyes will need to photographed from different angles to help plan the surgery and ascertain medical necessities for the procedure
Once you have decided to undergo the Blepharoplasty in Hyderabad at Ambrosia, you will be evaluated for your fitness for anaesthesia and surgery by Dr Priti or if necessary by the anaesthesiologist. Your diagnostic test reports will be studied and you will be examined by taking measurements and clinical photographs for your medical record.
You will sign the consent forms and will be given detailed preoperative instructions in writing
You will be required to stay in the observation room to be monitored for complications, if any. You can leave later that same day.
You may temporarily have:
- Eye watering
- Sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision – caused by the lubricating ointment applied to your eyes
- Numbness in your eyelids
- Puffiness, swelling and bruising
- Double vision
- Slight pain or discomfort
The process of recovery from an Eyelid Surgery can take up to several weeks and it is advisable to follow your surgeon’s post-procedure care instructions to avoid any complications.
- Immediately after the surgery, your eyes may be covered with gauze or an ointment to protect them.
- There may be some swelling, bruising and discomfort around the eyes for a few days. Cold compresses can help to reduce swelling and ease the discomfort.
- You will be required to sleep with your head elevated to help reduce swelling.
- Avoid activities that could increase blood flow to the face, such as bending down or lifting heavy objects, for at least a week after the surgery.
- Do not wear contact lenses for at least two weeks post surgery to allow the eyes to heal.
- You may be prescribed pain medication and antibiotic eye drops to help with the pain and prevent infection.
- Protect your eyes from sun and wind for several weeks after the surgery.
About the Blepharoplasty or Eyelid Surgery procedure
Treatment of drooping eyelids requires a thorough assessment of the cause. Eyelid surgery gives a youthful, opened up, fresh look to the upper eyelid and relieves the heaviness.
One or more of the following procedures is done to address the problem:
- Upper eyelid blepharoplasty surgery: This surgery removes extra skin and fat pads and gives a long lasting solution. Injections can elevate the eyebrow and thus reduce the heaviness give an attractive look. A cut is made along the inner fold of the eyelid by the surgeon, to remove some excess skin, muscle and possibly some fat
- Lower eyelid blepharoplasty surgery: The cut is just below the lashes in your eye’s natural crease or inside the lower lid. The excess fat, muscle and sagging skin is then either removed or redistributed.
- If your upper eyelid droops close to your pupil, it may become necessary to combine blepharoplasty with ptosis surgery. The latter is done to lift the eyelid as well as remove excess skin.
You can go home after a few hours of observation.
Sleep with your head raised higher than your chest for a few days.
Use ice packs on your eyes 4 to 5 times throughout the day.
5- 10 days
Swelling will reduce enough to go outside or to work.
The final results are visible.
What is the best treatment for my heavy eyelids?
Heavy Eyelids Inner – An experienced plastic surgeon can diagnose the main cause of your problem and advise the treatment accordingly.
What are the risks of blepharoplasty surgery?
Like in any surgery, there may be some complications to be expected such as blood clots. Some other rare risks include-
- Infection and bleeding
- Dry, irritated eyes
- Difficulty closing the eyes or other eyelid problems
- Noticeable scarring
- Injury to eye muscles
- Skin discoloration
- Temporarily blurred vision or, rarely, loss of eyesight
- The need for follow-up surgery
By choosing experienced surgeons you minimise the chances of complications.
What self care do I need to follow after my eyelid surgery?
To help the healing process after the surgery, you will do well to follow these-
- Use ice packs on your eyes during the first 3 days.
- Gentle cleansing of the eyelids.
- Administer the prescribed eye drops or ointments.
- Do not rub your eyes.
- Wearing contact lenses is strictly prohibited for about two weeks after your procedure.
- Sleep with your head raised above your chest the first few days after your procedure.
- Stop smoking
- Do not drive as long as you are taking pain medication and no longer have blurry vision. Make sure that you can safely and comfortably drive a car. This is usually about 5 to 10 days after surgery.
- Avoid bending at the waist or lifting anything heavy for at least 4-6 weeks after the surgery.
- You can take showers from the neck down any time after your surgery, but full showers are to be avoided until 5 days after the surgery or until your surgeon advises.
- Do not apply creams or makeup on the eyelids until 2 weeks after the surgery.
What is the cost of eyelid surgery in Hyderabad, India?
I had lovely laugh lines that made me look attractive when I smiled, or so my friends said. But it worried me that my skin was getting less supple as I grew older. Having read and heard so much about skin tightening treatments, I decided to give it a shot. My first consultation at Ambrosia helped me understand what to expect and how to care for my skin post procedure. Dr. Priti’s thoroughness during the examination was very reassuring too. I thoroughly recommend everyone who is concerned about their skin looking uncared for as they age. Ambrosia totally helped me remind myself that age is only a number. Thank you Dr. Priti for your magic.
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
My teenage acne had left a lot of scars on my face. That was all I saw when I looked in the mirror. While searching for treatment, I came across Ambrosia and decided to check out what could be done about it. My first impression when I walked in was one of complete ease with the warmth of the staff and the calm atmosphere. The initial consultation helped me understand what can be done to gradually remove the scars on my face as well as what I needed to do post-procedure. I am so happy with the results and go out of my way to mention Ambrosia whenever someone points out how smooth and beautiful my skin looks now. Thank you Ambrosia!
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
I had broken my nose as a child after a fall. It was misshapen because of that. The twisted nose also led to breathing problems. Searching for solutions, I came across Ambrosia Clinic and the procedures they offer to correct that. I was suggested surgery. I am thankful to the team of plastic surgeons who helped correct my nose as well as the breathing problems. My recovery time was minimal and I am able to lead a normal life since then. A big thank you to the great team at Ambrosia.
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
I had skin pigmentation on my face. It always made me conscious and I would hide it with layers of makeup. My friend suggested I meet Dr. Priti and do something about it instead of hiding behind makeup. I did not know what to expect, but was totally blown away by her warmth and the modern set up at Ambrosia. She not only explained the procedures I could get done but also what to expect at each stage during recovery. I thoroughly recommend Ambrosia and especially Dr. Priti to everyone.
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
Trusted Plastic Surgery Clinic in Hyderabad
Location & Directions
"*" indicates required fields
Readings for you
Protecting your skin from the harmful effects of the sun is crucial for maintaining healthy, youthful-looking skin and preventing skin cancer. While most people understand the importance of using...
What is Skin Pigmentation? Skin pigmentation refers to the colouration of the skin, primarily determined by the presence and distribution of a...
One of the most important aspects of any skin care routine is consistency. Make sure you stick to your routine for at least a few weeks to see...