Liposuction in India is a popular surgical procedure for removing fat from particular areas of the body. If you are considering liposuction surgery its very important for you to know if you will be suitably benefitted by this surgery.
There are three main categories of people who seek best liposuction surgeon India
Category I: People with Nearly Normal Weight
Contrary to common perception these are the best candidates for liposuction.
Ideal candidates for liposuction in India:
- Men and women of normal weight who mainly want to improve their body shape and contours.
- People with fat deposits that are “trouble areas”, where exercise and diet seem not to have any effect, like love handles, abdomen, hips, arms.
- People with good elasticity in their skin, so when the fat is removed, they will achieve a smooth appearance.
Category II: Moderately Overweight
Those who are 10 to 50 percent above their normal weight, with fat everywhere but relatively excessive in one or two body parts like hips, abdomen, thighs. These body parts can be selectively liposuctioned to bring in harmony with rest of the body.
These people seek liposuction because they are unable to get back in shape with their diet and exercise or they have a short-term slimming target in a few months for some important event.
Liposuction of fat from one or two areas at a time with limited fat removal is safe.
Results will need to be maintained. If the basic reason for weight gains like unhealthy diet and sedentary lifestyle remain then the fat is bound to reaccumulate. Results are long lasting and can even improve if a person adopts a healthy lifestyle.
Category III: Grossly Obese
Those who are 30 to 100 percent or more above their ideal body weight are not good candidates for liposuction. These people have bulges everywhere, and sometimes they suffer from obesity-related conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, and hypercholesterolemia. They want liposuction for weight reduction. This group does not benefit from liposuction even though liposuction is possible.
Liposuction is not meant for losing weight from the overall body. Expecting to lose more than 6 to 7 kgs of weight by liposuction can be risky.
Poor, because the limited amount of fat that can be removed in one sitting will not give a satisfactory look. Unless they change their lifestyle drastically fat will come back.
Liposuction in India Procedures, Hyderabad
- Anaesthesia: General / Local
- Surgery Time: 1-3 hours
- Hospital Stay: Discharge same day or next day
- Stitches: Usually none
- Recovery: Walking and dinner same day. Recovery depends on how much fat was removed and from which part
- Self Care: Getting dressed, combing hair, eating: Day of surgery
- Preparing tea, heating food: Next day
- Work: Cooking, dusting, light household work: 1 week
- Driving, desk job: 1 week
- How is it Done: Areas of fat deposits are marked. After giving anaesthesia, those a few 3 to 4 mm size cuts are made around the area, and tumescent fluid is injected into the fat through the holes. Later with hollow metal cannulas (tubes) with holes near the tip are passed through the same holes into the fat (Under the skin and over the muscle). The cannulas are attached to a liposuction vacuum machine through a plastic tube. Due to the powerful suction of the machine and to and fro movement of the cannula, fat is broken down into small pieces and is sucked out into the jar attached to the machine in liquid form