For anyone who is considering a cosmetic surgery, research is a crucial factor. When you are working on your looks and appearance, you have to get it right in the first attempt; else, it becomes much more complicated later.
If you are looking for a breast augmentation surgery, we advise that you take your time to do the correct research and be sure of your preferences. A wise way to go about it is that you take the guidance of an expert even while doing your research. This will help you set your expectations right and, thus, get the best results.
M.B.B.S.| M.S. (Surgery)| M. Ch. (Plastic Surgery)| “Hands on Training” in cosmetic surgery in USA|
A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and a talented artist, Dr. Priti Shukla specialises in Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery.
She has an experience of 15 years in operating cosmetic procedures on people with various body profiles using the latest technologies. She is one of the Best Cosmetic Surgeons in Hyderabad & India.
Her goal is to provide her patients with world-class cosmetic surgery resulting in a beautiful natural look.
Here’s all you need to know about breast augmentation:
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation simply means enlargement of the female breast. The procedure of breast augmentation, commonly known as a ‘boob job’ or a breast implantation, is a cosmetic surgery which is done for increasing the size, change the shape and also change the feel of the breasts of a woman.
Is It Possible To Increase Breast Size Without Any Surgery?
Although some non-surgical treatments have attempted to increase the size of breasts, but they have been nearly ineffective. Other cosmetic elements, like dermal fillers, are illegal to be used for breast enlargement. Here’s a little detail on the elements used and their effects:
Filler injections are way too costly for breast enlargement and are not durable beyond a couple of years. Plus, they are also not approved by the FDA for breast enlargement.
Brava was a device that claimed to increase breast size using suction cups. The treatment proved to be ineffective and painful. Currently, it is no longer practised.
Breast enhancement pills, creams and massages are mostly bluffs that misguide common people. They are ineffective and can be very risky as well.
What Benefits Can You Expect From A Breast Implant Surgery?
A Breast Implant Surgery can benefit you in many ways. For one, it boosts your femininity. And again, it makes more confident in your social life.
Helps In Enhancing Your Physical Appearance:
- Removes The Asymmetry: Natural breasts of some women are not entirely symmetrical. If this asymmetry is noticeable through your clothes, you may find it challenging to select an outfit that fits properly. In such a case, a breast implant can even out the balance inside the bra. Based on the size and shape of the bigger breast, an implant can be customised that fills the gap in the bra of your smaller breast.
- Restores Breasts After Pregnancy & Ageing: Both pregnancy and ageing take toll on your youthful look. Your breasts lose their perk and start sagging. Breastfeeding can also make you lose the volume of your breast or make them asymmetrical. A breast implant surgery, along with a breast lift and skin tightening can help you regain the former look in your breasts.
- Adds Curves & Volume: The size of the breasts is a defining factor of a woman’s sexual appeal. But some women develop smaller breasts than average. So, for women who desire to get bigger boobs, a breast implant surgery is their option. This surgery can add volumes and curves to your breasts. Thus, a breast implant surgery will be able to even out the hip-chest proportion of your body.
- Reconstructs Breasts After Mastectomy: Mastectomy, commonly known as a breast removal surgery, is used as a preventive measure or a treatment of breast cancer in women. While this is a very essential measure to cope with cancer, survivors often complain about the loss of their identity along with their breasts. If you are a survivor of mastectomy, you can go for a breast reconstruction surgery that will give you ‘new’ breasts.
Also, It Has A Good Impact On Your Lifestyle:
- Builds Confidence: Big breasts have symbolised femininity across the cultures and throughout history. Smaller breasts are less culturally less sensual and can make you feel inferior. If this is the case, a breast implant surgery will help you regain your confidence. An implantation that gives you bigger breasts will help you form a stronger personality and hence, a bolder identity.
- Makes You Fashion-forward: You must have noticed that all the fashion trends aim at women with big boobs. So, even if you want to be trendy as per the recent fashion statements, you will not be able to do so if you have small boobs. But if you can sport a cleavage through that low V-cut dress, you sure can steal the spotlight. A breast implant surgery will be able to add curves and volume to your breasts that will ease you into better fashion.
- Offers Better Social Opportunities: Personality is a big factor in today’s society. Many job profiles demand a strong resume and a bold personality. If you feel inferior within yourself, you will not be able to show confidence to others. Plus, there is also a marriage-factor. Matches of matrimony are easier to attract when you can showcase your womanhood better.
All of these becomes difficult if you feel held back by the size of your breasts. A breast implant surgery can help you deal with social stigma and get better opportunities.
How Is A Breast Implant Surgery Done?
Prior to the surgery, the doctor marks the area of surgery as per the plan. Then you will be put to sleep with an anaesthesia. When the procedure begins, first an incision is made. The size of the incisions vary from small to medium depending on treatment opted for. A tissue expander is used to stretch out the muscle and the underlying tissue. A breast implant, filled with silicone gel or saline is then placed behind the tissue of the breast. For better stability the implantation may be placed under the chest muscle.
After the implants are properly placed, the incisions are closed and blended with the natural crease in your body.
How Is Breast Implant Surgery Done At Ambrosia Clinics?
At Ambrosia Clinic we have the best cosmetic surgeon in Hyderabad, Dr. Priti Shukla. She and her team is highly motivated to give you the best experience while you go through the process of breast augmentation. Here is the 5-step process we follow:
1 – Consultation – During the consultation we will clear all your doubts. You can also have a look and feel of the actual implants and even place them inside your bra and see. You can see pictures of breasts with similar implant size. A discussion with the doctor will help you make the right choices. You can feel free to ask any questions and also about the alternatives to breast implants, to increase breast size. So, if you are unhappy with the way your breasts look, you can book a free consultation with us.
2 – Pre-operative Evaluation – We evaluate your health conditions and make a note of your medical history to see if you are compatible with the procedure you want to go through. Then we measure your breasts and decide on the implant size and type. Once, these things are finalised, we suggest some routine blood tests and get you started on preoperative meds, if needed.
3 – During the Surgery – We use the industry’s best expertise and the latest technology for the surgery, with a very high caution. It’s an outpatient surgery; that means, you will be allowed to leave the clinic within the same day. A general anaesthesia is used to ease you through the process. It takes 1-2 hours for the surgery and a 6-hour stay post that. During that time, we keep a tab on you until you bounce back from the effects of anaesthesia.
4 – Post-surgery – During the initial recovery period, sleep on your back and do not stress on the incisions. You can find the detailed post-surgery care guide below. In addition to that, follow our instructions carefully and never miss out the checkups that we schedule for you. Feel comfortable to contact us whenever in doubt.
5 – Recovery – You can resume your daily life routine within a couple of days from the surgery. But complete recovery takes 1-3 months.
Where Does It Scar (or not) Post Breast Implantation?
After the surgery, you can expect a scar at the site of incision. Even though most scars fade away within a year, we make the incision at a place where any resulting scar can hide within the natural folds of the body.
Areas of Incision:
A breast implant surgery requires a 4-6 cm incision. Based on the treatment, we make incisions in the following places:
- Inframammary Breast Implant Surgery: Here, incision is made in the crease underneath the breast, called the inframammary fold. It leaves a thin, 1 to 2-inch scar that is easily concealed within the crease. This incision is the most popular worldwide. What makes this procedure popular is that this incision can be used in all cases and types of implants. This is the safest and most reliable form of incision.
- Periareolar Breast Implant Surgery: This is the second most common incision choice by plastic surgeons. A periareolar incision is made around the outer edge of the areola (the darker area around your nipples), so the resulting scar is hidden within the darker area of the skin. Plastic surgeons use this incision type if they are also performing a breast lift at the same time.
- Transaxillary Breast Implant Surgery: This involves a small incision made within the armpit, through which your plastic surgeon will be placing the breast implant using a specialized camera and other medical instruments to ensure proper placement. This method is less commonly used.
- Transumbilical Breast Implant Surgery: Here, a foldable implant is placed into the breast through a belly button incision. This method is not much popular.
Beyond Saline & Silicone Implants..
There are majorly two types of implants – saline and silicone. But only that a combination of the two gives you the best result. Implants come in different shapes as well. In fact, there are many types of implants which can be used based on what kind of breasts you want.
Types of Implants:
Silicone Breast Implants: They have silicone shell filled with silicon gel. They have been trendy since 1960s.The implants we use today are upgraded design, quality and safety factors.These implants are the 4th generation of the batch. They have a strong shell and cross-linked gel which makes them durable and cohesive. This means, even if, the implant is punctured the gel inside does not flow like water. It stays together like pudding. They feel and look is reportedly natural.
Silicone is approved by the FDA and is safe for women aged 22 years or more.
Limitation: Silicone implants run the risk of silent leakage which cannot be seen without an MRI scan. Hence, you need to visit your doctor regularly to keep a check of the health of your implants.
Gummy bear implants: It is one of the latest technologies in the market but has been fast approved by the FDA. However, again, only women aged 22 years or more can opt for a gummy bear breast implant.
The consistency of the silicone used is higher (highly cohesive). Hence, any leakage is extremely rare. They feel firmer than usual cohesive breast implants.
Limitation: Comparatively, bigger incisions are required.
Round breast implants: These are the classic and most popular implants all over the world. Round implants give you fuller breasts as compared to other implants. They give you symmetrical breasts but is suitable for those who have less sagging. A even better quality of round implants can give even more projection. They retain a firm round shape even without a bra. Round implants are the safest in terms of results and there is no risk of rotating out of place.
Teardrop shaped breast implants: For a completely natural look, teardrop implants are ideal. Natural breasts are flatter on top and round at the bottom. Teardrop implants are ideally firm gummy bear type.
A less saggy breast and firmer chest muscle is required to hold the implant correctly in its position. Otherwise, it might rotate mad make it look severely odd.
Limitation: Unlike round implants, with teardrop implant, the upper part of the breast becomes full and round only with a bra.
Smooth breast implants: They have a smooth shiny surface like that of a glass.The placement is such that the implants can slightly move within the implant pocket. This gives them a more natural movement. They are commonly used for a pocket that is under the muscle, rather than under the breast.
Textured breast implants: They have a surface that is rough and dull in colour. Texturing offers a solution to the problem of capsular contracture. (Capsular contracture is a possible complication of breast implant surgery, wherein implants feel harder due to the thickening of tissue around it.) Texturing of implant surface acts as a sticky tape and breaks the scar tissue.
Saline breast implants: They are usually made to be filled with sterile salt water. If the implant shell leaks, a saline implant will collapse and the saline will be absorbed and naturally expelled by the body. The advantage is that you will know immediately if there is leak because your breast will flatten out immediately. This does not happen in silicon implants where the leak is undetectable sometimes.
Limitation: Saline implants last less than silicone implants and feel less natural.
Ideal Breast Implants (Structured saline implants): Ideal is the brand name of this new kind of breast implant which combines the best of silicone and saline implants. In usual saline implants, saline is filled in the shell, like water in a balloon. In Ideal implants, there are several chambers filled with saline. This way, the implant feels feels more natural like a silicon implant, but the leak can be detected easily as well.
How To Choose The Right Breast Implant Size?
Many considerations go into the selection of breast implant size.
Measurements of your original breast – width of your breasts, thickness of your existing breast tissue and tightness of your chest skin – need to be considered. Based on those factors, we recommend the range of sizes for you, out of which, you can choose one.
However, breast size should be proportionate to your rest of the body and it should not be so big as to stretch your tissues too much. Having said that, you can rest assured even if you genuinely require a bigger implant. We offer wider range of implant sizes – 100-750 cc size. You might like to check out the Ideal Breast Size in India.
Implant size selection is one of the most important steps before surgery and we make all efforts to help you choose the best size for you.
Dr. Priti Shukla, the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Hyderabad, can help you choose an implant that best compliments your personality.
Prepare Yourself Before the Surgery
Reports suggest that the pre-operative care is as important as the post-operative care. You will need to tweak your daily activities and practices from a couple of weeks before the surgery. Here is how you go about it:
Two Weeks Before The Surgery:
- Avoid alcohol
- Do not smoking
- Do not take painkillers
- Consult the doctor before taking any supplements
The Night Before The Surgery:
- Continue the earlier practices
- Wash your hair and shower
- Do not eat anything eight hours prior to the surgery
Additionally, you will have to follow any other instruction which we give you.
Heal Smartly After The Surgery
The outcome of your breast implant surgery is a combination of two factors – the surgery, the post-surgery care. You must take careful steps to manage pain, swelling, and avoid infections. This will decrease the recovery time and you will be able to get back to real life sooner.
Immediately After Surgery
- After the procedure, you will be moved to a recovery room, constantly supervised by our medical staff as you gain consciousness from general anaesthesia.
- You will feel tired; so sleep and rest.
- Four hours after the surgery, you can eat, drink and walk. (You can go home after 6 hours of the surgery).
The First Week:
- Sleep on your back to manage swelling.
- Prepare yourself up with a few bed pillows or sleep in a recliner chair.
- Wearing a compression bra, all through the day. Remove it only during shower. (You can shower because the incision is covered with a waterproof dressing).
- Avoid any stress over the surgical area.
- See the doctor 48 hours after surgery.
- Manage pain only with prescribed painkillers in the recommended dosage.
- Do not drive while you still take painkillers. Postpone driving for longer to reduce strain on your incisions.
- Report any abnormality to the doctor immediately.
- Working: Most women return to work in a week in an office environment after breast implant surgery.
Week Two to Six:
- There is a review and check up after 1 week. Typically, all dressings will be removed.
- Exercising: You might be able to perform some light exercise after about 4 weeks of your surgery.
- Do not lift anything over your head and avoid serious workouts for six weeks.
- Wear a stretchy but supportive sports bra.
- Your first period after breast implant surgery may cause pain and swelling in the breasts.
Long Term Care After Breast Implant Surgery
You should have yearly check-ups with your plastic surgeon to keep an eye on the health of your implants. In case of any suspicion of a leak, an MRI of the breast is done to diagnose it.
Being the best cosmetic surgeon in India, Dr. Priti Shukla, recommends that after the age of 40 years you must go for annual mammograms to keep a check on the health of your breasts. This routine check up is crucial if you have breast implants.
Added Tips To Recover Sooner
- Avoid the Sun.
- Keep the area clean and dry.
- Avoid drinking and smoking.
- Limit the intake of salt.
- Eat healthy food with more Vitamin K like lettuce, eggs, yogurt etc.
- If your work is strainfull physically, take a longer break.
How Soon Can You See Your ‘New’ Boobs?
Once we get a new dress, we can’t keep calm until we can wear it. So, it’s very much understandable that you want to see your new boobs right after you get back to senses. When such is the hurry, 3 months may seem like a long time. But here, patience is the key.
Surgical Recovery: Firstly, it does not take more than 24 hours for you to bounce back to your feet. However, you will have to be very careful and move slowly for the first week. After that, you can pretty much be normal from the 2nd week onwards. However, do not do any heavy exercises for another week. The recovery time, in a true sense, ends here. After a month you can run, do aerobics and even lift weights. Handling of breasts can be completely normal after 1 month.
Final Outcome: To see the final outcome, you will have to wait a little longer. Soon after the surgery, implants look a bit bigger because of the swelling. Swelling disappears in a month and that is the best time to buy your new bra.
In about 3 months time, implants settle down in their final positions and look more natural. Roughly, you can expect to see the final look of your new breasts by the end of the 3rd month post surgery.
After the initial healing period of 1-3 months, your breasts feel totally natural and you can do everything that any other woman can, like weightlifting, carrying heavy loads and everything else that you can think of. Rough handling of breasts is safe after 1 month.
How Risky Is A Breast Implant Surgery?
Nearly 95% of breast implant surgeries happen smoothly without any complications. A small percentage may have some hiccups during the healing process like infection, accumulation of blood (hematoma), accumulation of watery fluid( seroma). It is best to be in follow up with the doctor during the initial 1-2 weeks, to detect any such issues. If any of these things happen, then remedial actions are needed to tackle them. None of these issues affects the general health though.
Complications may happen in a small percentage of patients after months or years. Important among these are:
- Capsular Contracture: Symptoms are hardening and deformity of breast. If this happens, it can be corrected by another surgery to remove the hard capsule and replacing the implant.
- Implant Leakage: Treatment for leakage is a replacement of the implant. There is no side effect on the body.
- Implant look and feel related issues like the visibility of margins and ability to feel the implant through the breast may occur occasionally.
Before & After Images
Is A Breast Implant Surgery Very Expensive?
There is a tension regarding the cost of cosmetic procedures. But you only get what you pay for. But you still deserve a justification of your expense.
The cost of breast implant surgery in Hyderabad depends on various factors. It main factors are:
- Doctor‘s experience and reputation
- Hospital and the anaesthesia quality
- The quality of the surgical materials and implants.
However, for a surgery like that, your main concern should be the quality of the treatment you are receiving and not the cost. Do not let your budgeting compromise the outcome of your breast implant procedure – after all, you are aiming at getting a better aesthetic look!
Having said all those, at an average, in Hyderabad, the cost of a breast implant surgery ranges between Rs. 1,50,000 to Rs. 2,00,000. You can always talk to our expert to get a closer estimate.
A breast implant surgery is a big step for a person. It is important that you always take adequate precautions and also consult the surgeon. If you need further help, we, at Ambrosia Clinics, are here to make sure you live a life filled with confidence and a good self-image.
Get a Free Consultation
We understand that going under the knife is scary. You need to make a careful decision when you consider changing your body shape. We believe, we can help you out in this process. This is why, we encourage you to speak to us openly about your desires and doubts.
Breast Implants are one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures for women worldwide. This is also a popular procedure in Hyderabad; even in Ambrosia Clinic. The Ambrosia Clinic is headed by one of the best plastic surgeons of India, Dr. Priti Shukla.
Feel free to come and consult us if you want to get a breast implant surgery. You can avail a free consultation with our experts to clarify your doubts and get a better understanding of the treatment.
1. What is the right age for breast implant surgery?
The legal age for getting a breast implants surgery is 18 years. But if you want silicone implants, you have to wait until you are 22 years old. Because that is when you are eligible to get silicone implants as per the standards of FDA.
There is no upper age limit as such. Even women in their 60s can get a breast implant surgery.
2. Are silicone implants safe?
Silicone breast implants are made of high-grade silicon polymer which is safe for the human body. Silicone breast implants are in use since 1960s and due to constant technological updates, the latest implants are even safer.
3. What is an implant leakage?
Silicone gel implants are made of solid silicon outer shell and are filled with cohesive gel. Due to wear and tear over years, outer shell may become weak and inner gel may leak or come out. This is called an implant leakage.
It is not harmful to your health but you will need a new implant if that happens.
4. Do implants have an expiry date?
No, implants don’t have an expiry date and they need not be changed if there is no problem. The usual lifespan of an implant is 10-15 years, but they can last much longer.
5. What complications can happen with a breast implant surgery?
Breast implant is a safe procedure, but every surgery carries some risk. Hematoma, seroma and infection are some of the problems that can happen after surgery. Further treatment and surgery may be required to correct these complications. The scar can be prominent in some people and may require some treatment. In long term implant, leakage and capsular contracture may happen in some cases.
6. What is Capsular Contracture?
Body naturally forms a protective covering called capsule around the breast implant. Sometimes, a capsule can become thick and hard making breasts feel firmer than usual. This is called a capsular contracture. Capsular contracture can also cause pain and loss of shape. Capsular contracture is can be corrected by a surgery.
7. How big can my breasts become?
It is not ideal to increase the Breast Size too drastically. The increase of one or two cup sizes is safe. Putting too big an implant may over stretch the skin and breast tissue and can look unnatural.
Rest assured, we will recommend the safe implant size after carefully examining you.
8. Can I breastfeed after a breast implant surgery?
Yes, breast implants do not interfere with breastfeeding and you can safely do so.
9. Will my breasts look and feel natural after the implantation?
Yes, ideally, your breasts will look and feel very natura. As long as the implant of the right size and quality is used there’s nothing to worry about.
10. What if I don’t like my implants?
Usually, women are very satisfied with breast implants. But if you don’t like implants you can have them removed with a simple implant removal surgery.
11. Will my future partner know that I have implants?
Ideally, implants should look and feel natural. However, many factors including the kind of implant used and postoperative recovery can meddle with the final outcome. Hence, your partner may or may not know. Please note that implants are visible in chest X-ray.
- The first time I visited I was not sure at all I will go forward but the way dr preeti explained and gave confidence about it made me go for it and now post surgery I am glad that I took the right decision. I have a perfect body shape as I always wanted. She actually treat her patient as her responsibility not only during the procedure even after. Looking foreword if I need anything else and would definitely recommend her to friends and whoever are in want of a good body. I would thank entire Ambrosia team for such a nice experience.
- Doctor went through with me about the pros and cons of the surgery in detail. breast implant surgery was done in a very skilled way. I have combined this surgery with tummy tuck. … Standards of theatre and the rooms are on par with international standards. I am very pleased with results. Dr Shukla is certainly a very fine and skilful surgeon – I would highly recommend her.
- I was very unhappy with my body but was scared of going under the knife. After a lot of research I found Dr. Priti Shukla’s Ambrosia clinic and instantly felt that this was the right choice for me. After the first consultation, I was assured that I would be in good hands. Dr. Priti was very comforting and gentle through the entire process. The staff has been extremely supportive with their regular check-ups and appointment management. Overall I’m extremely happy and content with the results and the whole Ambrosia team! I would recommend anybody interested in Plastic Surgery to work with Ambrosia.