Heavy Sagging breasts?
Looking for solutions for uneven breast size?
Breast reduction surgery helps improve your looks, confidence and your ability to participate in physical and social activity.
Dr. Priti Shukla, the best plastic surgeon in Hyderabad, can help you improve your body posture and appropriate your breast size with the safe breast reduction surgery.
In this article, we provide you information about breast reduction surgery: what surgery procedure breast reduction needs, the benefits, post, and preoperative care, and what’s involved in recovery. Continue your reading to learn more about breast surgery in Hyderabad.
What is Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure to remove excess breast and skin tissue to achieve a breast size proportionate to the body and eliminate discomfort associated with excessive breast (macromastia). People opt for breast surgery to relieve themselves from discomfort, to achieve a breast size that is proportionate to the body.
Advantages of Breast Reduction Surgery in Hyderabad
If you are overall big in size and breasts are big but in proportion to your body weight -that s not exactly breast hypertrophy. That is just obesity. But breast hypertrophy is when breasts are too large compared to the rest of the body -in a girl of normal weight or over weight. Its not about size, its about proportion and also about the problems-physical, social or psychological that large breasts are causing.
Your breasts are too big if there is any of the below issues :
- Nipples are pointing down and not in front.
- Your breasts keep spilling out of bra cup .
- The lower strap of bra rides up on the breasts
- There is no gap between breasts in the bra and they are crammed togeather
- You feel heaviness because of breasts
- There is darkening of skin or redness of skin under your breasts and inbeterrn your breasts due to rubbing of skin and excess sweating
- You can not find right bra easily
- You can’t fit into medium or large clothes.
- Try this test- put a pencil in the crease below your breast and let the breast rest over the pencil. If pencil does not fall it means your breasts are large and saggy.
If you have large breasts that cause neck pain, back pain, or other symptoms, you might consider surgery for breast reduction. Breast reduction surgery is meant for women with large breasts who want to solve the following problems:
- Chronic back, neck and shoulder pain
- Rashes and skin infections under the breasts
- Grooves on the shoulders from bra straps pressure
- Restricted activity
- Psychological distress, such as low self-esteem or depression
- Poor self-image related to large breasts
- Difficulty fitting into bras and clothing
- Difficulty sleeping
- Problems during exercise or inability to take part in sports
CAUSE OF BIG BREASTS?
Female breasts Development starts at puberty before starting the periods. Because of female hormones influence the breasts grow. Normal breast size is proportionate to the body, neither too big nor too small. Breast size is measured in cup sizes and B or C cup size is considered attractive. Breasts can be too big in girls who are otherwise thin or normal weight. Breasts can also be big in girls who are overweight. Most importantly -large breasts are not usually due to obesity or overweight alone. There is also enlargement of breast glands that can happen in thin girls and teenagers even, under the influence of hormones. If hormone tests are done they are usually normal, because hormones are normal in blood but breasts are more sensitive to hormones and grow big.
Too much fat in the body also causes female hormones to go up and that causes breasts to increase in size. Other than that, like everywhere else, fat also deposits in breasts when you gain weight and that’s how breasts become bigger.
Sometimes large breasts are hereditary but not always.
Preparing for Breast Reduction Surgery
After going to Ambrosia Clinic for breast reduction surgery, consultation includes
- Evaluate your medical history and general health
- Discuss breast size and expectations of your appearance after surgery
- Give a detailed description of the process and its benefits, including possible signs and symptoms after surgery
- Check and measure your breasts
- To maintain a medical record, the doctor will take a photo of your breast
- Describes the type of anaesthesia used during surgery
- Order various lab tests done to make sure you are fit for anaesthesia and surgery
- Get a baseline mammogram
Pre Operative Care
- Stop smoking for 1 month at least before surgery. Smoking delays healing and causes bad scars. Smoking also makes the lungs unhealthy and you may have problems during general anaesthesia. Do not hide the smoking habit from doctor.
- To control bleeding during surgery avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements.
- Do not hide anything -any kind of history medical or surgical if you want the best and safest outcome
- If you are on any kind of hormones or oral contraceptives, Mirena or any patch or creams of hormones -share information with us.
- Plan well in advance. In case any new issue is detected during preoperative tests, like diabetes, anaemia, thyroid problems or infection -you will have to wait until all of the above are taken care of.
- If there is any infection of skin anywhere in the body that needs to be treated beforehand to avoid infection.
- Take care of any psychological issues, depression and anxiety beforehand. Discuss it with us beforehand.
Make sufficient arrangements of leave from work, travel time, childcare.
- In India, by law we need an attendant for surgery under anaesthesia. So you must be prepared to have a person who can accompany you. That person need not be relative nut should be an adult, who will come to the hospital with you on the day of surgery. Discuss these things with us in advance.
Before undergoing surgery, you must prepare your home ready for recovery. You need to keep these things ready at home
- Gauze and clean washcloths and towels
- Free and comfortable shirts and blouses
- Someone to help you with household work during the first one week.
How Is Breast Reduction Surgery Done?
Depending on your situation, breast reduction can be done in an outpatient facility, or you need to stay in the hospital for at least one night. In both cases, you will get general anaesthesia, which means you fall asleep during the procedure. The techniques that are used can vary to reduce the size of your breasts.
Breast reduction takes about two to five hours, sometimes longer. In the form of a keyhole, the surgeon will cut the nipple then downward on the breast. The surgical team also removes skin, tissue, and fat through liposuction from your breast and reposition your nipple.
A surgeon can put a drain tube and then stitch the incision of the breasts with self absorbable material, and wrap them with special gauze. You may need to wear a surgical bra.
Immediately After the Surgery:
from the side of the breasts and are attached to a small plastic bottle. Excess bloody fluid after the surgery flows out into the drain bottle and its very important in breast reduction surgery. Except for very small breast reductions most breast reduction surgeries involve drain placement. Drain removal is done on the next morning after surgery or later depending on case to case. Usually patients stay in hospital room on the night of surgery, next day morning drain is removed and they are sent home. But in fact sometimes patients go home the same day with drains. Drains are easy to carry and conceal and they are not painful. Later drain is removed in clinic during followup in such a scenario. Drain removal is not painful, its like dressing.
On the same day of surgery you will be normal by night except for stiffness and heaviness in the chest area and some weakness. You can eat normally and walk. Your breasts will be in surgical bra and therefore very safe.
For the first week after surgery:
- Breasts will tend to feel tender and sensitive
- Breasts may be swollen and bruised
- The elastic compression bra is recommended to protect the breast
- There will be waterproof dressing covering stitches. You can shower at home and your stitches won’t get wet.
- You need to limit your physical activity for two to four weeks until your breasts heal
- Wear prescribed Surgical a bra for a month after surgery
- You need a visit from a surgeon to remove sutures and check recovery. Usually, scars fade over time.
- Handing of breasts is safe after 1 month, even though 3 months time may be needed before you feel completely normal
What follow-up care will I receive?
- You will usually have a post-operative check by the surgeons after 1 week and again after another month
How painful is breast reduction surgery?
Before surgery, its just the pain of iv line placement. After that iv medication will make you unconscious till you wake up after surgery. We use a special pain control technique called pectoral block which is given by anaesthetists during surgery. Most patients who recieve this blocks feel no pain as they gain consciousness.
Pain after breast reduction is not too much, because it’s just a skin and tissue surgery. Pain medication is prescribed for 1 week after surgery. Even after using the pain medication, there can be some ache or stiffness pain after surgery, which is a normal part of recovery. Pain is not unbearable or a lot. You can walk around in home and watch TV in peace without constantly feeling pain as long as you take medication regularly.
Excessive pain especially on one breast and not on the other should be reported to doctor immediately because it can be because of infection or blood collection ( hematoma )
In case of the following Signs of Infection after Breast Reduction Surgery, Contact us Immediately.
- Any redness, tenderness, or unusual swelling and beginning to spread away from the surgical site.
- If you have any unusual discharge, Yellow pus-like or foul-smelling drainage from the incision site
- If you have increased pain or discomfort, and your medicine is of no help.
- Fever more than 100 degree F
Self-Care After Breast Reduction Surgery
Self-care is needed and recommended after your immediate recovery to avoid the unwanted results after your breast surgery.
- Expect pain and swelling for a few weeks.
- Support the breast with a sports bra.
- Report your surgeon if you have bleeding, severe pain, or abnormal symptoms
Recovery From Breast Reduction Surgery
- Each person recovers differently from surgery. For example, some patients may be hypersensitive to the area. Some patients may experience regional stiffness for a few months after the surgery. Some patients may not have any of these symptoms.
- Healing of scars also differs from patient to patient. In some patients, the scar will be minimally visible over time; in many cases, scars will not disappear.
- In women, the breast may swell and become sensitive during the first menstrual cycle after the procedure. For several months after the procedure, patients may still experience sporadic pain during menstruation.
- After your surgery, you will receive postoperative instructions. Follow them carefully so that there is complete healing. The instructions include the types of medication to be applied to the surgical area, oral medications to be taken for healing and reducing the risk of infection, and when to follow up with the surgeon.
- For breast reduction, you need at least one week of work breaks. Some people need two weeks, depending upon the healing.
- In the recovery period, you must stop exercise for at least one month after surgery.
- After breast reduction, it is normal to feel tired and experience a slight pain in the breast for a month or two.
- You must also avoid lifting weights for 1 month
- Some people have emotional reactions, such as depression after surgery. This might be normal, but tell your doctor about all your problems and how you feel.
When can you see the result of Breast Reduction Surgery:
Results of breast reduction surgery are immediate. Commonly 100 gm to 1000 gm or more of breast tissue is removed from each breast during surgery, you can see the result immediately as smaller and lighter breasts. The swelling that happens after any surgery is there, but still result is clearly visible. The only change you see over next few weeks or months is that size gets further 10 percent smaller, as swelling comes down. Also breast shape changes slightly during first 3 months. So you can buy the new bra after 1 month.
What results to expect with after Breast reduction surgery
You will have the breast size you wanted. Most women with large breasts are wearing ill fitting bras that crams the breasts inside the cups that are too small for their breasts. Not only the bra size comes down but also for the first time you can wear the bra as it should be worn and as seen in pictures of bra ads-with breasts fitting inside the cups comfortably.
Successful breast reduction can relieve upper neck, and shoulder back pain. It can also increase your ability to participate in physical activity and promote your more positive self-image. You can wear pretty bras and even go braless if you want to. You can wear designer clothes finally. You will get rid of ugly rashes due to sweat under and between the breasts. You won’t feel people are staring at your breasts and you will not feel the need to cover up always. Most people who don’t know about your surgery will compliment you that you lost a lot of weight.
You may be concerned about the scars on the downside. The scars will be fine and will not be obvious because they are underneath mostly, visible in close inspection only. You may have some changes in nipple sensation even. Most women find these withing acceptable limits, compared to the joy they feel after having small and beautiful breasts.
Women who underwent breast reduction surgery at Ambrosia Clinic in Hyderabad have improved their body image and confidence. We can shape the breasts to your desire: smaller, firmer, lighter, and more evenly proportioned. Usually this surgery is meant to relieve physical discomfort and pain caused by large breasts. The benefits of breast reduction surgery at Ambrosia Clinic in India are great: Safe, Provide Better Results, Ultimate Comfort, More Proportionate Breasts, Beauty.
The results of breast reduction are considered permanent. But the breasts may become larger because of pregnancy or weight gain. The shape can change due to weight loss. So, it is better to undergo surgery after family planning for better results.
Want to know the cost of breast surgery in Hyderabad?
For more information contact Ambrosia Clinic, Hyderabad.
If You want to make people envious and speechless, contact Ambrosia Clinic now!
The team of Doctors and staff at Ambrosia Clinic along with Dr. PritiShukla who heads the team tops the charts in cosmetic treatments in Hyderabad.With an experience of over 16 years Dr. Priti has chosen the most compassionate and skilled team. The team at Ambrosia Clinic endeavors to provide best results to all those who walk in with hope.