A few years ago, in the summer, Rachel ( name changed ) went on a vacation with her friends to Goa. All her friends were dressed for the beach vacation and slipped into a colorful floral off-shoulder dress – except Rachel. She never wears off-shoulder or spaghetti straps because she must wear a strappy bra to support her breasts. Her shoulder has deep grooves with dark shades because of bra digging into their shoulders. She was not comfortable in beach activities because even her tight compressive bra can’t totally make her confident that people are not ogling at her breasts. That’s when she decided that she must not let breasts stop living her life to the fullest and she came to see Dr. Priti Shukla at Ambrosia Clinic,
Overview Of Breast Reduction Surgery:
Breast reduction surgery procedure is done to reduce the size of large breasts and make them proportionate to the body and to lift them up and make them perky. Scientifically known as a Reduction Mammoplasty, this procedure helps make the breasts firmer and tighter.
Surgery work on three levels for patients – physically, mentally, and aesthetically.
For many, disproportionately large breasts, not only is it cosmetically unpleasant, but also a constant source of physical discomfort: Macerated under the breast skin, neck pain, and shoulder pain.
Severe mental and social disorders: Inability to wear fitting clothes are some other problems that cannot ignore.
Large, heavy breasts make it hard to find lumps and swelling and make it difficult to detect cancer.
Breasts are made smaller, firmer, and proportionate to your shoulders and hips by extracting fat, skin, and glandular tissue, in breast reduction. This procedure usually used in women, but sometimes also in men who have gynecomastia (an abnormal growth of large mammary glands in men that causes breast enlargement).
Reasons for undergoing Breast reduction
Breast reduction surgery is a procedure designed for women with large breasts who want to solve the following problems:
- Chronic pain in the neck, back, and shoulders that require painkillers & medication
- Persistent skin rash or skin irritation under the breast fold
- Nerve pain
- If one of the breasts is larger than the other one
- Limited activity
- Unhappy with a poor self-image, due to disproportionate big breasts
- Having trouble wearing a bra and clothes
- The nipples and areolas point downwards if you have heavy breasts
When to Have A Breast Reduction Surgery:
You can undergo breast reduction surgery at any age – sometimes even as a teenager. However, if your breasts have not fully developed, you may need to undergo surgery later after full growth. Women opt for breast reduction before marriage and childbirth or after based on their need.
ChildBirth: If you have not started your family yet, you have to consider that chances of breastfeeding come down after this surgery after the removal of the gland. If breastfeeding is very important, you can wait until pregnancy and having a child. Breastfeeding can be a challenge after breast reduction – although some surgical techniques can help you continue breastfeeding.
Weight loss: If you are trying to lose weight through a diet and starting an exercise program, you should wait to have breast reduction surgery. Weight loss can often cause changes in breast size. A lot of weight loss after breast reduction surgery can make the breasts look loose and saggy
Ideal Candidates for Breast Reduction Surgery:
This procedure is done when the person is physically fit, has realistic expectations, and has stabilized breast development, which means the person is over 18 years of age. There may also be other factors. They are as follows:
- Women with heavy breasts or gigantomastia ( gigantic breasts ) prefer breast reduction because the weight of their breasts causes chronic pain in their neck, back and shoulders, and respiratory problems.
- Problems such as scar-like lines in the skin, persistent bra-strap groove, and clothing that is hard to find also make some women opt for breast reduction.
- Some women also feel uncomfortable with the hugeness and size of their breasts in proportion to other body parts.
- Currently Breastfeeding women are not recommended for breast reduction surgery. Surgery can be done after stopping breastfeeding for at least 1 month or more.
- If the woman has a problem with saggy breasts and wishing to uplift the breasts without any breast size reduction, then a breast lift alone is performed without reduction.
The procedure of Breast reduction surgery at Ambrosia Clinic India
During consulting at Ambrosia clinic before breast reduction surgery, we ask about your medical history, including whether you had a lump removed from the breast or other conditions that affect your breast. We also ask for your family’s health history.
Open up to the surgeon about your medical history and why you are looking for breast reduction.
Here are some of the tasks that your plastic surgeon would do as pre-operative care:
- Evaluate your general health and medical history
- Discuss the size of the breast and expectations of your appearance after surgery
- Show you before after pictures of scars and look of similar patients
- The doctor gives a detailed description of the process and its risks and benefits, including possible signs and symptoms.
- Describe the type of anesthesia used during surgery
- Advise blood and other preoperative safety tests
You will be asked to do the following things before breast reduction surgery:
- Get various laboratory tests done
- Take a mammogram at the beginning
- Stop smoking before and after surgery for a while
- avoid taking, anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin, and herbal supplements to control bleeding during surgery
- Get a pre-anesthetic checkup done to make sure you are fit for surgery
- Pictures and measurement of your breast
- Sizing of your surgical bra.
Ask us whether you can go home on the day of surgery or if you need to stay for a night in the hospital. You can stay longer if you wish. However, make arrangements for someone to take you home after the surgery. Breast reduction surgery is performed under general anaesthesia.
Day of Surgery:
- Arrive at the hospital 3 hours before the surgery
- You should be empty stomach – not even water 8 hours before surgery.
- If you are on any medicines for blood pressure or thyroid ask us if you need to take them on surgery day or not.
- You must arrange for an adult to be available to accompany you to the hospital on the day of surgery and drive you home after surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, lotions, on the operative area to reduce infection,
- Take bath with antiseptic soap in the morning of surgery
During the procedure
The first step is general anaesthesia for a comfortable and painless surgery. Further, reduction of the size is done by removing excess glandular tissue, fat, and skin, and shifting the nipples, and giving the breasts a younger appearance. After the surgery, incisions are closed with sutures. This surgery is above the level of chest muscles and your heart and lungs are not nearby. There are no major blood vessels or nerves that can cause a risk to life or health during this surgery.
Nipple and areola:
They usually remain attached to the breast
- If your breasts are huge, nipples might need to be removed and then reattached to a higher position. That’s very rare though most times nipples are not detached.
- Perfect symmetry is ideal but not possible. There may be some differences in the shape and size of the breast. The size of the areola is reduced. Scars get faded with time, but they disappear slowly.
After the Procedure:
Immediately after surgery:
- Your surgery breasts are safe and protected in a surgical bra. The bra helps to avoid blood, fluid collection and to reduce swelling.
- Drain tubes are placed to drain excess blood or fluid from the incision and tubes are removed the next day or in coming 2-3 days.
- You are prescribed to take painkillers and antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection
For the first days or weeks after surgery:
- You may feel tender and sensitive in the breast area
- swollen and bruised in your breast
- A surgeon can recommend an elastic compression bra to protect the breast
- You need to limit your physical activity and strenuous daily activities for two to four weeks until your breasts heal
- Wear special surgical bra for a month
- Use silicone gel sheets on scars after 3 weeks to make them fade faster.
- It is very common to experience moderate pain for one or two weeks after the procedure. painkiller medications reduce pain.
- The bandage is light and waterproof. Usually off in a week or two
- You must take a break from work or school for at least one week. Some patients need two weeks, but each situation is different.
- Follow up is usually 3 times in the first month for local patients. Those who are out of town see us a day before leaving.
- A new bra should be purchased after 1 month because till then size goes down. Underwire bra is not needed anymore since breasts are lifted up too.
- If your work involves physical tasks, then you may not be able to continue working until one month after surgery. Surgery can be physically and emotionally stressful. Make sure with your doctor about all your problems in follow-up appointments.
Expected Results with Breast Reduction Surgery:
Most women are thrilled and reinvigorated after breast reduction. The result is visible very next day after surgery but improves and show the final result after 1-3 months… Many women find that this surgery reduces chronic pain in the back, neck, and shoulders. They feel lighter, more active and more confident after reducing the huge breasts.
Breast reduction also increases your ability to participate in physical activity and promote your positive self-image.
Remember, it takes some time for the swelling to resolve completely and the scars to fade. The result is usually permanent, although breast shape and size may change due to factors such as aging and weight gain or weight loss.
Time and Cost In India At Ambrosia Clinic:( it’s weird ) can u say below –
The timeframe of breast reduction surgery at India :
To have a breast reduction surgery in India with Dr. Priti Shukla you must fix the appointment at least 1 month in advance appointment can be booked here. You can have video consult before traveling to Hyderabad India. We can pre-book your surgery date as soon as 24 hr after in-office consultation. You will stay in the hospital for one night after surgery. The stitches are absorbable. You should be in town for about a week to ten days to get the breast reduction done in India.
Cost of Breast Reduction Surgery in India
At Ambrosia Clinic, we know the importance of health and well-being of our guests. Therefore, our goal is to offer the best breast reduction treatment in India at affordable prices.
The breast reduction surgery cost in India depends on the type of breast reduction procedure, the surgeon’s reputation and experience, the surgery facility, and the city where you are being operated. The cost of breast reduction in India varies depending on other factors also.
The individually assigned surgeon takes an individual interest in developing plans for individual care for each guest and informs about the duration and cost of breast reduction in India.
For our out of town or international patients, we offer video consultation.
Care at Ambrosia Clinic:
We recommend you to be educated about breast reduction in India and the right benefits of breast reduction before making a choice. Ambrosia Clinic invites you to consult the best cosmetic surgeon in India, and we assure you about the best possible results and safety of procedures at ambrosia clinic and at our associated hospital.
Medical tourism in India:
Medical tourism in India has become a big boon for people around the world to get breast reduction surgery done at a price they can afford. This is the best value for money because you get the best plastic surgery in India and the price is much lower than in western countries. Typically in the United States or in Dubai breast reduction surgery by a plastic surgeon or equal experience and in equivalent hospital costs 20000 USD when all expenses are taken into account – whereas it costs less than ¼
The cost of breast reduction in India is a fraction of what it costs in Western countries to get the same surgery done. Many women who have been waiting for cosmetic surgery can now benefit from breast reduction in India.
Our complete female team environment is added attraction for our Middle East patients .
Travel to India Now!
The anaesthesia and surgical team of Dr. Priti Shukla and dermatologists we have at Ambrosia Clinic are highly experienced and skilled, with many having several years of experience. They are well-equipped to deliver a wonderful experience of breast reduction surgery in India.
We, at Ambrosia Clinic In India, believe in answering the most frequently asked questions about Breast Reduction Surgery in India. However, if there are any further queries for which you need answers from a doctor, please pick up your phones and schedule an appointment with our experienced Cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Priti Shukla at 090149 01020.
About Dr. Priti Shukla:
Dr. Priti Shukla is a board-certified and specialist plastic surgeon practicing this surgical art since 1999. She is an expert in cosmetic plastic surgery procedures that help people become more beautiful and younger and live life on their terms. She is well recognized by her patients for breast augmentation, breast reduction, non-surgical facial rejuvenation, and body contouring.
Dr. Priti Shukla is a member of several associations. She has a reputation as the best female cosmetic surgeon in India and the best plastic surgeon in Hyderabad. Her patients include models, actors, professionals, and students not only from India but from all over the world.
Dr. Priti Shukla’s forte is providing first-class cosmetic surgery that gives a natural appearance to patients. According to her, everyone is beautiful, and if someone feels different, you can make it beautiful by plastic surgery.