How are acne scars on buttocks different from their facial cousins?Regular acne on the face is mostly caused due to hormonal imbalances in some people. Apart from being hormonal, facial acne occur due to infection of oil glands and blockage of oil ducts. Therefore, the scars left behind as a consequence are also different. Treatments for Acne Scars:However, when you develop butt acne, it’s usually the result of a condition called folliculitis and technically cannot be called acne. Or rather, you may call them false acne. Hence, as you might have guessed, these acne scars on buttocks are totally different. Now that you have a clear idea of the difference, let’s understand buttock acne or follicultis.
Here’s a brief understanding of what folliculitis is.
Inflammation of the hair follicles is known as folliculitis. If by any means, the fine hair follicles on the buttocks are ruptured, it can cause small red bumps, which form a cluster around the follicle. When the hair follicle gets pulled, the dead skin cells and bacteria enter the open pore and get trapped. This causes reddish bumps and results in inflammation. Treatments for Acne Scars:Common possibilities of this occurrence could be due to shaving,or if you wear clothes that irritate the skin (especially if they are very tight). When the infection gets worse, it causes boils and becomes a painful affair to deal with. Some butt acne may be ingrown hair . Hairy men when they shave the hair often, some hair may grow inside the skin and become a chronic cyst.
Treatments for Acne Scars: Another type of buttock acne are carbuncles. Carbuncles are a cluster of boils which can be more painful than folliculitis. In fact, they feel like having knots with pus, right under the skin and cause extreme pain and discomfort while sitting. Carbuncles usually occur in diabetic. acne scars on your buttocks.
Home Based Butt Acne Scar Treatments
- Using warm compresses is one of the best way to reduce inflammation of the folliculitis. You can use a soft cloth dipped in warm or hot water (with table salt in it) and dab it on the butt acne/pimple areas. You can repeat this process regularly to ensure that pus get localized and gets released.
- Wash and clean your buttock gently with an antiseptic soap or solution to treat and reduce the skin bacteria. Antibiotic solutions reduce the inflammation and prevent the bacteria from spreading to other areas of the skin.
- Apply a topical lotion or ointment after having a shower with warm to slightly hot water. Make sure to dry yourself well before applying the ointment, and let the ointment dry before you put on your clothes. Keep your buttock area as dry as possible.
- Antibiotics for acute infection of the follicles
- Chemical peels for butt acne scars
Dr. Priti Shukla is the best female cosmetic surgeons in Hyderabad. She has 18 years of experience in cosmetic plastic surgery and thousands of satisfied patients. Ambrosia Clinic is leading skin plastic surgery clinic of Hyderabad since 2009. Our team of dermatologist and Plastic surgeons at Ambrosia clinic offer services like hair transplantation, laser, skin care and plastic surgery.