How has your face aged? Sit down with a mirror and one of your younger photographs. The photograph should be of your face as a younger adult. To project how your face may age, look at an image of your parents or family members at an older age. See how time can change facial features. If you bring your pictures with you during your consultation, I can better understand your particular aging patterns.
- Gravitational changes
- Loss of volume
- Loss of skin elasticity
- Superficial skin changes
The aging brow can have
- Descent of tissue and lowering of the eyebrows
- Horizontal furrows and folds
- Vertical lines between the eyebrows
- Elevated hairline – loss of hair
The aging eyelid tissue can have
- Folding of redundant tissue of the upper eyelid that can make it difficult to keep the eyelid open.
- Weakening of support for the lower eyelid that can let the lid sag away from its protective position against the eye.
- Sagging of skin and muscles of the lower lid robbing a youthful appearance and in extreme cases creating festoons (folds of tissue) above the cheek.
- Transparency of eyelid skin revealing the darkness of the eye socket behind them.
- Wrinkling of skin at the outer corners of the eyes extending towards the hairline – “crow’s feet.”
The aging face has a downward migration of facial structures
- Descent of tissue from the cheekbones towards the cheeks resulting in less prominent cheeks.
- Deepening of the nasolabial folds (the lines between the nose and the corners of the mouth).
- Extra tissue below the jaw line creating bulges called jowls.
- Redundant tissue about the neck, when excessive producing a turkey gobbler like waddle.
- Sagging neck muscles that can tighten into bands with expression.
- Blunting of the angle between the chin and the neck with a loss of jaw definition.
Facial skin ages creating lines (rhytids)
- Shallow wrinkles that disappear with stretching of the skin.
- Deeper wrinkles that do not disappear with skin stretching.
- Lines of facial animation.
The post Facial Aging appeared first on Ambrosia Clinic – Dr. Priti Shukla.
The team of Doctors and staff at Ambrosia Clinic along with Dr. PritiShukla who heads the team tops the charts in cosmetic treatments in Hyderabad.With an experience of over 16 years Dr. Priti has chosen the most compassionate and skilled team. The team at Ambrosia Clinic endeavors to provide best results to all those who walk in with hope.