Double Chin Reduction: The one thing that everybody notices about us is our face. Now, apart from our eyes, nose and lips, there’s something that adds definition to our face. Wonder what it is?
If you think, our hairlines act as border between our face and our head. That’s something all of us know, and the moment there’s even the slightest of change in the way our hairline looks, we begin to get concerned. However, there’s another facial feature that we mostly never take into consideration, until it ‘doubles’. Yes, we are talking about our chins.
All of us wish to age gracefully with time, but we might encounter a few unwanted changes along the way. We’ve all had this one question on our mind “how will we look when we get old?” Few of those changes could be, wrinkles, a belly, or, even a double chin.
A double chin for a few people can be genetic, which is basically out of anyone’s control. We try many tricks to camouflage a double chin by wearing scarves and turtlenecks. But, these are temporary fixes. What does one do when these fixes get exhausted? We turn to a doctor for a permanent fix and advice.
What’s a double chin?
Weight issues contribute to a double chin. A double chin grows over time, as our skin loses its elasticity and collagen, causing the skin to become saggy around the chin and neck.
Stubborn fat around the chin and the neck can be hard to get rid of and hide at all times, which leads people to opt for a double chin reduction.
Did you know that poor diet, sun exposure, and smoking can also cause a double chin?
What is a Double Chin Reduction Surgery?
A few people can quickly reduce their double chin by exercising, and the rest may need a double chin reduction. However, there are a few things to consider before making any quick decisions, is consulting a certified and experienced plastic surgeon.
A double chin reduction minimizes excess fatty tissue from and under the chin and neck. The surgery is quite simple and only takes only a couple of hours. During personal consultations, patients understand how the surgery will take place. Patients should discuss and learn what can be accomplished after the surgery with the doctor, to ensure the best results are gained.
Benefits of surgery or treatment
- Non-invasive method to reduce a double chin
- Results are quick
- Many treatments are available to help tone the chin and neck
- Recovery time post surgery or treatment is fast
- Achieve a toned and sculpted chin
A few exercises can also help get rid of a double chin, a few changes in diet and lifestyle have always proven to be beneficial. Here are a few exercises to tone your chin and can be done at work or in your free time.
Exercise 1: The letter O
- This can be done while sitting with your back being straight and your shoulders down
- Tilt your head back till you are facing the ceiling
- Close your lips together very slowly, while the lips are still closed slowly open your mouth and form an O shape ( or what you do when you put blush on)
- Hold this position for twenty seconds till you feel the muscles contract on both sides of the neck under your jawline.
- Relax the mouth and the lower chin, repeat keeping your comfort in mind
Exercise 2 : Mute Pout Howl
- Make sure to keep your back straight.
- Gently tilt your head back until you are facing the ceiling
- Slowly open your mouth, as you are howling and pout
- While moving your neck forward and back
- Hold this position for 5 seconds and then release and repeat
Exercise 3: Neck Stretch Exercise
- Slowly turn your head clockwise and then move it anticlockwise keeping the back straight the entire time
- Do this exercise about 5 – 10 times, three times a day until you see a few results
Exercise 4: Kiss The Sky
- Make sure to keep your back straight
- Gently tilt your head back until you are facing the ceiling or the sky
- Pucker your lips while you are still looking up and extend your lips as far as possible, till you can feel the stretch in your neck and chin
- Hold this position for 5 seconds, and then relax your lips and lower chin and repeat
All of the exercises should be done with the spine being straight and relaxed. These simple exercises also help to stretch and tone your chin, neck, face, and the jawline.
A balanced diet helps heaps in keeping the double chin and unnecessary health problems away. Following healthy eating regimes and exercising will always give you positive results and keep your chin toned. If you still have any doubts feel free to contact us via phone or through our website for your personal consultation.
About the clinic and doctor
Dr. Priti Shukla is the best female cosmetic surgeons in Hyderabad. She has 18 years of experience in cosmetic plastic surgery and thousands of satisfied patients. Ambrosia Clinic is leading skin plastic surgery clinic of Hyderabad since 2009. Our team of dermatologist and Plastic surgeons at Ambrosia clinic offer services like hair transplantation, laser, skin care and plastic surgery.