Do you have disproportionately large breasts?
Are you suffering from neck pain, back pain, or other physical symptoms due to large breasts?
Are you considering breast reduction Surgery?
If your answer to the questions mentioned above is a big YES, then this blog is for you. Because it is a major surgery, it is essential to know about breast reduction surgery, treatment, procedure, pre and post-operative care, results.
Most women who get breast reduction surgery at Ambrosia Clinic are happy with the results.
Breast Reduction Surgery Overview:
Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a procedure that removes excess fat, tissue, and skin from the breast. If you have large breasts, you can choose breast reduction surgery, which helps to reduce discomfort or achieve a breast size that is proportional to your body.
Breast reduction surgery can also help improve your image and your ability to participate in physical activity. If you are considering breast reduction, surgery consult the plastic surgeon Dr Priti Shukla at Ambrosia Clinic , Hyderabad , India .
Breast reduction is usually done with the help of plastic surgery, which helps reduce the size and weight of large and heavy breasts. This surgery helps a person to have beautiful aesthetically breasts that enhance their physique and personality. This surgery can treat sagging breasts and improve their symmetry by making it smaller, lighter, and firmer.
On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is also done in gynecomastia, which is the enlargement of male breast tissue. This condition occurs when breast tissue in men has unusual growth. There are several ways to reduce male breasts.
Breast reduction is used to relieve pain in the neck, shoulders, and back and to eliminate discomfort during physical activity. Also, the cosmetic benefits that women may experience through breast reduction are firmer breasts that help women look younger and more attractive.
Why Breast Reduction Surgery is Done:
Breast reduction surgery is developed for women with large breasts who want to solve the following problems:
- Chronic pain in the back, neck, and shoulders that requires painkillers
- Persistent rash or skin irritation under the breast
- Nerve pain
- Limited activity
- Negative self-image, related to large breasts
- When having trouble wearing a bra and clothes
Preoperative care :, During consultation the plastic surgeon will ask about your medical history, including whether a lump was removed from the breast or other conditions that affect your breast. Your surgeon will also ask for your family’s health history. Open up fully to the surgeon to find out your medical history and why you are looking for breast reduction.
Here are some of the things that the plastic surgeon assessed as pre-operative care:
- Evaluate your medical history and general health
- Discuss breast size and expectations of your appearance after surgery
- The doctor will give a detailed description of the process and its risks and benefits.
- Check and measure your breasts
- Take photos of your breast for a medical record
- Describe the type of anaesthesia used during surgery
- She will ask for a mammogram before surgery.
You may be asked to do before breast reduction surgery:
- Perform various laboratory tests
- Take the mammogram at the beginning
- Stop smoking before and after surgery for a while
- To control bleeding during surgery, avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin, and herbal supplements.
Ask your plastic surgeon whether you can go home on the day of surgery or if you need to spend the night in the hospital. However, get to prepare someone to take you back home after the surgery. Breast reduction surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia or in a hospital as an outpatient.
During the procedure:
Special techniques to reduce your breast size can vary. Usually, the plastic surgeon makes incisions around the areola and below the breast. Excess breast tissue, fat, and skin are then removed to reduce the size of each breast.
In most cases, the nipple and areola remain attached to the breast. However, if your breasts are enormous and saggy, you may need to remove the nipples and areola and move to a higher breast position as a skin graft.
Steps of a Breast Reduction Procedure.
Breast reduction surgery is usually done by making a small incision on your breasts with surgical equipment, to remove excess fat, glandular tissue, and skin. In some cases, excess fat and skin can be removed by liposuction along with the technique described below. If breast size is mainly due to fat, then liposuction alone can help.
Techniques that used for breast surgery depends upon the personal condition, like breast size, desired reduction, personal preferences, and surgeon’s advice.
Step 1 – Anesthesia
Administration of Anaesthesia for your comfort during breast reduction. The selection includes intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best option.
Step 2 – The incision
Incision options include:
A circular pattern around the areola
The remaining incision lines are visible and permanent scars, although they are usually well hidden under a swimsuit or bra.
Around the areola and vertically down to the breast crease, the keyhole or racquet shaped pattern incisions are made.
An inverted T or anchor-shaped incision pattern
Step 3 – Removing tissue and repositioning
After the incision, the nipple (which remains attached to the original blood and nerve supply) is repositioned. The areola then reduced by removing outer skin as needed.
After the Procedure (Post Operative Care)
- Post surgery incisions are covered with waterproof dressings and you are in a surgical bra . Under each breast , the tube can be placed to drain excess blood or fluid. Your surgeon will prescribe painkillers and antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection.
- For the first few days or weeks, your breasts may feel tense and sensitive. They can also be swollen and bruised. Your surgeon will recommend an elastic compression bra to protect the breast for a month .
- You need to limit your physical activity for two to four weeks until your breasts heal.
- You need a follow-up visits with the plastic surgeon during first month 2-3 times , even though sutures are usually self absorbed. Dressings are removed within a week .
After Breast Reduction Surgery, Consult Your Doctor Immediately if you have
- redness, abnormal pain or swelling on the site of surgery
- If you have an unusual discharge from the incision site (including pus)
- When the stitches come out, before the site recovery of the wound.
Recovery From Breast Reduction Surgery
- After breast reduction, you need at least one week off from work. Some people need two weeks, but each situation is different. Your surgeon will direct you to follow up on to remove bandages and stitches.
- you must stop exercise for at least one month after surgery.
- After breast reduction, you will feel tired and have breast pain, which is normal during first 2 weeks .
- Your surgeon will prescribe some pain relief medications in the first few days after surgery to relieve pain.
- You must also avoid lifting weights for a month .
- Some people have emotional reactions, such as depression after surgery, which might be normal, but tell the doctor about all your problems.
- Strenuous activities avoided for about four weeks. After breast reduction, it takes about one month for the breast to recover.
- It usually takes 4-6 weeks to recover from swelling
Successful breast reduction can relieve upper, neck, and shoulder back pain. It can also increase your ability to participate in physical activity and promote your more positive self-image.
Remember for the scars to fade. The result is usually permanent- although breast shape and size may change due to factors such as aging and weight gain or weight loss.
The woman usually gets smaller and lighter breasts for a lifetime after breast reduction. However, the results may change due to aging. Also, the shape, size, and breast can change when a woman is pregnant again.
It is also essential that a woman who experiences breast reduction surgery maintains her weight to experience the results permanently.
Breast reduction surgery is a safe procedure that achieves results. This surgery promotes the breast shape, which is proportionate to your body to get a younger look. We believe that this is a safer surgery and has fewer complications if you do not follow the post-operative care.
If you are looking for a breast reduction surgery, then look for a board-certified cosmetic surgeon with specialized training and sufficient experience. For best results, choose a cosmetic surgeon at Ambrosia Clinic as we send you with best results.
If you are considering breast reduction surgery, but are worried about the procedure, then visit Ambrosia Clinic and find a solution that satisfies you if any doubt call us at.
How to Contact Ambrosia Clinic for breast reduction surgery procedure?
Find the contact information of Ambrosia Clinic for breast reduction surgery procedure.
Phone number: +91 90149 01020
About Ambrosia Clinic:
Ambrosia Clinic is the best plastic surgery, dermatology and hair transplant clinic in Hyderabad, India. Team Ambrosia is led by Dr Priti Shukla who has been practising aesthetic plastic surgery since 2001. Thousands of people have had surgery done by Dr Priti Shukla. A team of dermatologists and hair transplant surgeons complete the makeover of anyone who desires to be more beautiful. eons complete the makeover of anyone who desires to be more beautiful.