Blepharoplasty Treatment: Apparently, eyes are the windows to your soul. Even though non-poets might find that to be a tad bit of an exaggeration, yet, nobody can argue that even though you might not be able to express something with your words, you will certainly be able to do that with your eyes.
Now, there are many medical issues that your eye might have, but cosmetic issues are the ones that are the most evident. Everybody wants those big, beautiful, expressive eyes, but many aren’t that lucky.
Blepharoplasty Treatment: Many experience problems such as droopy eyelids and may have excess skin around the eye area as well as problems such as accumulation of muscle and fat. Blepharoplasty involves in removing them through surgery. As persons begin to age, eyelids perform a stretch, thus weakening the supporting muscles. It results in the excess gathering of fat above and below the eyelids, further resulting in sagging eyebrows, bags under the eyes and droopy upper lids.
Blepharoplasty Treatment: Aesthetically, these problems make one look older, but medically, the sagging skin around the eyes reduces the side vision (peripheral) especially in the upper and outer parts of the field of vision. When there is excess skin or fat in upper eyelids, one feels heaviness towards the end of the day and finds it hard to keep the eyes open. One needs to raise the eyebrow and strain the forehead then, to open the eyes. Blepharoplasty is a procedure that plays a vital role in rejuvenating the face, with aesthetic relation to the brow and cheek areas, while upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty becomes a requirement for the treatment involving excess skin and orbital fat.
Blepharoplasty Treatment: Blepharoplasty, on the whole, can help reduce or eliminate these vision-related problems, to make your eyes appear younger again and regain its alertness.
Blepharoplasty Treatment: Blepharoplasty or Eyelid surgery is surgical removal or excess skin or fat from upper or lower eyelids or from both. This surgery can be safely performed under local or general anaesthesia. After having undergone the blepharoplasty procedure, patients need to go a long way in taking care of themselves, to let the healing process take its time to give the best result possible.
Blepharoplasty Treatment: First and foremost, the basics need to be in place when it comes to after-surgery care. Usually, the doctors would recommend for starters to have someone around you to help you through the next 2-3 days, like driving, cooking, taking utmost care of you at every step possible. This means complete rest would be advised for that duration. Due to the medication involved, constipation might be a side effect, so some walking, adding raw fruits and vegetables to your diet along with drinking plenty of fluids would help the cause. Maintain a balanced diet. Avoid intake of alcohol or tobacco for the next three weeks post surgery, while avoiding them along with driving or taking important decisions while on medication.
- Ice pack or bags containing frozen peas should be applied to the eyes , as much as possible for 48 hours after surgery. This helps reduce the swelling and bruising that develops on eyelids after surgery.
- Take your prescribed medications regularly and for the entirety of the duration advised by your doctor.
- While you sleep, ensure the head is elevated at 45 degrees to subside the swelling.
- Within two days of surgery start the walking regime. Walking would help reduce swelling. At times, when there’s no activity, chances of developing blood clots remain high, while walking would help avoid that along with lowering the chances of developing pneumonia and certainly avoid constipation.
- Avoid pressure related activities, like lifting or sports. Any action that is bound to raise blood pressure to be prevented at all costs.
- The minimum activities should only commence after 2-3 days, including reading or watching television after surgery, while pressure oriented activities need a break of minimum 2-3 weeks.
- You could re-join your workplace after a minimum gap of 10-14 days.
What can you expect post surgery:
- For a minimum period of 12 months, avoid exposing those scars to the sun. In this case, always make sure you apply sunblock, as sometimes exposure might be unavoidable (SPF 30 or more)
- Inspect the incisions regularly (daily) and keep them clean with soap and water.
- A patient should not wear contact lenses for the next two weeks.
- Use sunglasses, as post-surgery there might be a sensitivity to sunlight.
How will a patient look?
- Discomfort is only a matter of few days post procedure.
- Temporary swelling near the eyelids area or the affected area could be expected along with tightness, itching of the eyes bruising, dryness and burning.
- For a week, eyes may feel gummy.
- You could be advised to use natural tears eyedrops by your doctor post-surgery.
- Other factors like tearing of eyes, double blurred vision or sensitivity to light could also be expected.
- A patient may find it difficult to close their eyes while sleeping.
- For the first two weeks, a patient can expect bruising and swelling of the eyelids.
- The healing process is a gradual one, so expect the scars to remain fresh or pink for six weeks or more.
- After stitches are taken out, tiny whiteheads may appear, which is easily removable for the surgeon. Use facial makeup as needed, to cover up the bruising post removal of sutures, which are usually removed after 5-7 days.
is a sensitive procedure, after which the patient needs to take optimal care of the affected region and follow all the advised care prescribed above as well as the doctor. Surgeries like these take a long time to heal completely and the coming out of full results takes time. So have patience and do not pursue anything out of the ordinary or against your doctor’s advice.
About the clinic and doctor
Dr. Priti Shukla is the best female cosmetic surgeons in Hyderabad. She has 18 years of experience in cosmetic plastic surgery and thousands of satisfied patients. Ambrosia Clinic is leading skin plastic surgery clinic of Hyderabad since 2009. Our team of dermatologist and Plastic surgeons at Ambrosia clinic offer services like hair transplantation, laser, skin care and plastic surgery.