Abdominoplasty Surgery: Exercise alone is just not giving you the taut tummy you desire?
Do you have too much fat or excess skin in your stomach that doesn’t reduce by diet or exercise?
If so the solution to your problem is to consider an abdominoplasty at Ambrosia Clinic, which is also called”tummy tuck surgery .” A tummy tuck could be the last choice for people who have exhausted doing all other measures.
However, this is major surgery. So, if you are thinking to have abdominoplasty don’t rush to make a final decision. Take your own time and take a final decision after reading this blog which provides you with a complete guide about abdominoplasty treatment, pre and post-operative care of abdominoplasty and results.
What is Abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty, one of the most common aesthetic surgery procedures, has developed significantly in the last few decades. An abdominoplasty is a procedure used to flatten the stomach by the removal of excess fat and loose skin and then tightening the muscles of the abdominal wall with the sutures. This surgical procedure is also known as a tummy tuck.
Who Are The Best Candidates for Abdominoplasty:
- Women with stretched muscles and skin after several pregnancies can find this procedure useful to tighten muscles and reduce the loose skin and stretch marks.
- Men and women who have excess skin that builds up around your stomach
- Weak abdominal wall
- Abdominal hernia
- After loss of weight by self or by Bariatric surgery
- If you have bad scarring due to abdomen surgeries in childhood
- The person with physically healthy and at a stable weight
- You have realistic expectations
- You are worried about the appearance of the stomach
How to prepare for Abdominoplasty surgery?
Call now Ambrosia clinic +91 90149 01020 and book your appointment!
At ambrosia clinic during consultation with Dr Priti Shukla, she will listen to your concerns, examine you and then suggest the best treatment plan . All your questions will be answered. Don’t forget to mention any other body parts like breast, thighs or even face – if you need anything there. You can discuss the possibility of combining another surgery with abdominoplasty during the same anaesthesia. You can see the pictures of results and get an idea about what to expect.
- A preoperative appointment is one to two weeks before surgery.
- Your medical history will be reviewed by the surgeon and all list of medicines and herbal supplements you are taking. Two weeks before surgery, all herbal supplements, vitamin E and products containing aspirin or ibuprofen, must be stopped to reduce subsequent bleeding and bruising.
- Depending on your age, we will ask your previous medical problems; you will be sent for a blood test and also an ECG and chest X-ray
- The anesthesiologist will see you before surgery and determine if you are fit for anaesthesia
- At least three weeks before surgery you must quit smoking
- The week of surgery, wash daily with an antimicrobial soap to decrease your chances of infection
- The day before your surgery after midnight do not drink or eat anything
- Maintain a stable weight
- Arrange for help during recovery
- Discuss your expectations with the surgeon
Day of Surgery:
- Please arrive at the surgery centre three hours before the surgery
- Do not wear makeup, lotions, on the operative area to reduce infection,
- Anaesthesia is given during the surgery
- For approximately 2-3 hours you will stay in the recovery area and then shifted to a private room in the hospital.
- during surgery usually surgical drains will be placed
Step 1 – Anesthesia:
Abdominoplasty is usually done under General Anaesthesia. Anaesthesia is given into the iv line as injection and after that patient becomes unconscious and wakes up only after surgery. During anaesthesia a tube is placed through your throat into the windpipe and through that oxygen and anaesthetic gasses are pumped into your lungs. Your blood oxygen, heart rate, temperature, blood pressure, urine output – everything is maintained through sophisticated equipment under the supervision of experienced anesthesiologists. Additionally epidural catheter or TAP block kind of anaesthesia are added to give you relief from pain after surgery too, as part of anaesthesia.
Step 2 – The incision
Abdominoplasty requires a horizontally oriented incision very low in abdomen at the upper edge of pubic hair.
The amount of excess skin determines the incision length and shape. After the abdominal skin is removed, the underlying abdominal muscles are repaired and tightened. If you have small hernias they get corrected by this process.
The upper abdomen skin is pulled as a shade of the window. The excess skin of the abdomen is trimmed, and the remaining skin is sutured together. A new hole in the navel is made. The belly button is popped through to the surface and sutured into position.
Step 3 – Closing the incisions.
To close the skin incisions we use subcuticular hidden self absorbable sutures or steel staples. In the end what you see is incision in the lower abdomen and just inside the naval. These incisions are covered with waterproof dressings . Commonly thin plastic tubes called drains are placed near incision. Through these tubes excess fluid and blood comes out and gets collected in a lightweight bag. Surgical garment is placed before the end of anaesthesia
Step 4 – After surgery:
After surgery you are groggy for a couple of hours. Special care is taken to control any pain, shivering and nausea soon after surgery. You will feel tight on your stomach and you will be lying in bed with thighs bent at the waist with a pillow under your thighs. You will be covered with a warm air blanket and there will be calf pump on your legs for better blood circulation. You will be shifted to room and will be allowed to eat and drink 6 hours after surgery. There will be a urine catheter so you won’t need to go to the washroom. Next day drain and urine Cather is removed, you are allowed to walk and to go home. Sometimes patients stay longer, especially if they don’t have help at home or if they had another surgery combined with abdominoplasty. Commonly people combine liposuction of back, buttock or thigh for total lower body shaping. Some opt for breast surgery as part of post-pregnancy mommy makeover and very commonly we remove fat from the abdomen and inject in face or breast for anti-aging.
- You can not lie on the stomach for a month after surgery. Lying on back and on sides is permitted.
- Don’t push, pull, lift, and don’t do any strenuous activity for a month
- Don’t drive for 2-3 weeks
- Don’t smoke during the recovery period, because this can slow down the healing process and interfere with wound healing
- Walk around the house regularly to keep your blood flowing
- You can continue your preoperative diet as tolerated
- Take your painkillers as a prescription and take a complete course of antibiotics
- You can remove the abdominal binder and take a shower 48 hours after surgery. Dressings are waterproof- not to be removed.
- For the first week after surgery, your first postoperative visit should be scheduled.
- For about six weeks after your abdominoplasty should wear a supportive abdominal garment (abdominal binder).
Recovery after Abdominoplasty
- Wear compression garment during the recovery period.
- Recovery can vary between two weeks and two months. During this time, patients must avoid stressful activities and avoid lifting heavy objects.
- With the doctor’s permission, you can return to work after one or two weeks depending upon the job work.
- after returning home, you should follow the instructions provided by the surgeon to regain and advise to take two weeks off of work
- After 4 weeks, patients can return to normal activities but depends on the individual recovery towards the
- Patients often bend slightly because of their feel tightness in the stomach.
Results After Abdominoplasty:
Here are a few before and after results of abdominoplasty surgery in Hyderabad at Ambrosia clinic. You can browse to view more at
Before: Abdominoplasty surgery
Result: Before: Abdominoplasty surgery
The result of abdominal surgery may initially be obscured by swelling and inability to stand until internal healing is complete.
You can notice a flatter and more toned abdominal As long as the patients maintain their weight with a balanced diet, regular exercise, and stomach tightening, this provides long-lasting results.
In one or two weeks, you need to be standing tall and confident in your new slimmer profile. Your abdominoplasty produces a flatter and firmer contour that is proportional to your body type and weight.
The abdominoplasty is a safe procedure that achieves satisfactory results. This promotes the flattened and firmer shape to a younger abdomen, better compatibility between the stomach and pubis, and shorter scars. We believe that this is a safer surgery and has fewer complications if you do not follow the postoperative care.
If you are interested in abdominoplasty, then look for a board certified cosmetic surgeons with specialized training and sufficient experience. For best results, choose a Plastic surgeon at Ambrosia Clinic as we send you with best and satisfying results.
If you are considering abdominoplasty but are worried about the procedure, then visit Ambrosia Clinic get answers to all your questions call us to fix appt at +91 90149 01020 or WhatsApp 9291565930