“Burn it up with the beams and get back that radiance back…”
Laser hair removal treatments can be the right solutions to look up to and get that unwanted hair remove in just a few sittings…
As we all know that hair is the most precious part of our beauty, as long as it is strong and full of luster on our head! It can also make us look as bad if it grows on unwanted areas of the body, and especially on the face. Unwanted facial hair is one of the most frustrating conditions for many individuals. This condition significantly impacts the quality of their life, and leads to depression and isolating oneself from family and social life.
This condition of unwanted facial hair growth is known as “hirsutism”. Hirsutism is an emotionally disturbing problem for many women. Unwanted facial hair growth following male patterns can make a woman feel extremely self-conscious affecting personal views of feminity. Trying to deal with unwanted hair growth can be distressing all the more, if self-treatment or simple home remedies don’t help resolve the problems, symptoms and feelings associated with hirsutism.
If facial hair growth is having an impact on you and your normal lifestyle, seeking advice from a healthcare professional can be the right means to getting a diagnosis and choosing a treatment plan to tackle all aspects of your condition.
The following questions may be useful, to help you express your feelings to your doctor. We’re quite sure you’ve been on the same page, as these questions speak for all those who are struggling with unwanted facial hair like you!
- Do you check your hair growth in the mirror often?
- Does your unwanted hair growth interfere with your daily life?
- Do you feel the need to visit a beauty parlour every week?
- Do you use the razor too often?
- Do you feel you don’t get the smooth feel after shaving?
- Do you get ingrown hair after shaving or waxing?
- Are you allergic to hair removal creams?
- Are you wasting time and money on spa/parlour treatments?
- Do you feel that other people notice your excessive hair growth very often?
- Does your unwanted hair growth make you feel sad or are you worried about it?
- Are you very keen getting rid of your unwanted hair growth?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to more than one question, then you must, for sure present your concerns to your doctor…
Facial hair creates a lot of emotional and psychological disturbances in most women, because every lady wants to look good and attractive. Even if they have fair complexion, having facial hair make the skin tone look darker that it is. Facial hair hiding techniques like make-up also becomes difficult to apply for people with excess facial hair. Thus, plucking and instant hair removing ideas is the only option these women are left with!
Tweezing, waxing or shaving could be easy regular hacks that you might use to remove unwanted hair. But what about the normal growth and the that shows up every time you shave or wax it up? Ingrowth of hair that could again be painful after you tweeze and it could even cause painful skin inflammation. If you are looking for better painless and easier solutions to reduce your facial hair, here’s what we have for you…
Laser hair removal may be an option worth considering!
Laser Hair Removal for women is a fast and productive method of removing unwanted facial and body hair. The question is why continue waxing and shaving, while you can have a smooth and hair free body with just a few sittings of Laser Hair Removal?
What happens in a laser hair removal treatment?
Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures these days. The treatment consists of highly concentrated light beams into the hair follicles. The pigment in the follicles absorb the beams and destroys the hair. The hair gradually grows back in a few weeks but over a few sitting it starts to become lighter and stops growing after a period.
Are All Laser Hair Removal Treatments Alike?
There are different types of laser treatments available in the market. It is advisable to choose your laser treatment wisely by consulting your dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon. At Ambrosia clinic, we use the best USFDA approved laser equipment.
- Diode Laser
- Long Pulse ND Yag
- Alexandrite Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulse Light)
Alma Diode and long pulse lasers best suit Indian skin tones. They are very effective and safe laser hair removal treatments.
Alexandrite is for those who have light hair and are fair in complexion.
What to Expect During Laser Hair Removal?
- Just before the procedure, hair in the treatment area will be trimmed a few millimetres over the skin surface.
- A cooling gel is applied on the area of the skin that is going to be laser treated, to avoid any skin damage or burning sensation before the laser is done.
- The laser equipment is then adjusted based on the colour, thickness, and location of the treatment as well as your skin tone.
- While the hair is being treated with the laser beams, you will not feel any pain.
Benefits of laser hair removal
- Laser hair removal treatment is useful for reducing the hair growth of unwanted hair on the face, chin, arms, underarms, legs, bikini line, chest areas, etc.
- Lasers can selectively target the dark, thick hair on the skin while leaving the skin around the hair without damaging.
- In small areas each pulse of the laser beam takes less than or up to 10 minutes in one sitting, and can treat many hairs at a time.
- For large areas like full body, it may take 4-6 hours. A full body laser is usually done in 2 separate sessions, on different days.
Small areas such as upper lip and the chin area can be treated in less than a minute. Large areas of the body, like full arms, legs, back or the bikini line, etc. can take longer time and can go on for almost an hour.
The Result of LHR (laser hair removal):
- In most patients, laser treatment for hair removal results in permanent facial/ body hair reduction after an average of 6-8 sittings.
- Very fine hair which is hardly visible still remains naturally on the skin.
- The body does not become completely hair free as it naturally needs a fine layer of hair as a protective layer for the skin.
So if you too are looking up to get rid of unwanted troublesome facial or body hair, you can have your queries answered by us… Or are you looking forward to getting yourself a laser hair removal? If you are, then call us now… Ambrosia clinic offers you the best treatment options with promising results for your good looks!
About clinic and doctor
Dr. Priti Shukla is the best female cosmetic surgeons in Hyderabad. She has 18 years of experience in cosmetic plastic surgery and thousands of satisfied patients. Ambrosia Clinic is leading skin plastic surgery clinic of Hyderabad since 2009. Our team of dermatologist and Plastic surgeons at Ambrosia clinic offer services like hair transplantation, laser, skin care and plastic surgery.