Plastic Surgery Recovery Tips – Are you looking for tips to heal swelling faster after surgery?
Here they are! Go through this Ambrosia blog!
Plastic surgery is the process of repairing or reconstructing body parts. There are various ways to change the body and face. Ambrosia Clinic performs procedures like abdominoplasty ( tummy tuck), liposuction, gynecomastia, facelift and neck lift, eyelid lift, brow lift, rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, reconstruction, and reduction in plastic surgery.
Many types of plastic surgery are carried out by moving tissue from one part of the body to another. Reconstructive plastic surgery is primarily concerned with surgical repair or repair of parts of the body that are injured, lost, or deformed. On the other hand, cosmetic surgery aims to improve one’s appearance.
In both cases, the recovery process can extend after the operation is complete. It is essential to have a robust planning and support system. Remember to be patient with the healing process. and follow the surgeon’s instructions.
The following article provided by Ambrosia Clinic is a list of various procedures recovery tips for post plastic surgery swelling.
Reason Why Swelling Occurs After Plastic Surgery:
Although it is essential to know that you get swelling after any plastic surgery procedure, many patients do not know how long this swelling can last and often feel that they look worse after surgery than before.
Doctors want to convince patients that they can quickly cure swelling and return to their healthy lives. Patients must realize that with plastic surgeries, they experience swelling that sometimes lasts for weeks or months.
Even though swelling after surgery is part of the normal healing process, and there are some ways to cure it.
While bruising and swelling are a normal part of treatment, there are methods to limit bruising and swelling while maintaining healing. Patients should talk with their doctor about ways and supplements that can be used to support the body’s natural response to cure and to optimize experiences and results. Here are some recovery tips for swelling after any plastic surgery.
Avoid Some Medications:
Avoid blood thinners before surgery and during recovery. If you use a blood-thinning prescription, let the doctor know so the doctor can protect you during and after surgery. Over-the-counter medications that thin the blood include aspirin and ibuprofen.
Know What To Expect During Recovery:
Some cosmetic plastic surgeries only take days to recover from surgery, while others take weeks or even months to complete. You need to talk with a plastic surgeon before the procedure to find out what you expect with your recovery. It might affect many other areas of your life, such as Your work life and your ability to go with friends. Therefore, it is essential to be able to plan this.
There are other methods that surgeons use to reduce bruising and swelling. Doctors often recommend the RICE, which means rest, ice, compression, elevation, and this should adjust to your procedure.
For open procedures, there are techniques that surgeons use to limit bleeding, which can limit the appearance of bruises. Even the dressing bandages used by surgeons are often designed to provide compression. Ice is useful for swelling and bruising. However, it must also use with caution as prescribed by a doctor, because ice can shrink blood vessels and cause permanent damage. In some cases, doctors prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs after surgery.
Keep Cold Compressions:
Cold compresses are perhaps the simplest and most effective self-medication you can do to speed healing. In plastic surgeries, inflammation is inevitable, and cold temperatures control the swelling. After surgery, try to maintain a compression schedule every 30 minutes for several days, and repeat regularly if necessary.
Taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is an effective way to relieve pain and swelling. However, avoid at least one week before plastic surgery. There are indications that NSAIDs can delay the healing process after surgery.
Some medications taken before and after surgery can help reduce inflammation to a minimum. Start them one week before surgery and ends one week after that helps reduce swelling. These drugs have no side effects and help reduce recovery time.
Avoid Strenuous Exercise:
Most patients need about six weeks after surgery to heal from surgery. During this time, you should avoid strenuous exercise. Even some movements that appear harmless, such as stretching, lifting, or bending, can increase swelling. Wait until the doctor gives the green light to resume normal activities before starting the exercise again.
Stay away from the sun:
It is always a good idea to protect your skin from sun exposure. However, this is very important when dealing with plastic surgery. Not only the area is more susceptible to sunburn in the weeks and months, but after the procedure, too much sun can also darken scars and increase swelling.
Pay Attention In Eating Salt:
Sodium causes the body to retain fluids. That is the main what we want to avoid to reduce bruising and swelling. Try to keep salt away from your diet as soon as possible for several weeks after surgery.
Likewise, you remain hydrated. If your body has a lot of water, water retention is less, and your blood and lymph systems will work more effectively, which will contribute to rapid healing.
Usually, we recommend wearing a splint for a few days after surgery. Brace reduces swelling and are, therefore, an essential contribution to recovery. However, it is necessary to keep dry the wound so that the infection around the wound cannot grow. Keep the compress away from direct contact with the splinted area.
Eat properly for recovery:
- Constipation or nausea can occur after surgery. Even if you are not hungry or want to eat, it is essential to eat healthy foods that promote healing. Some foods can help overcome fatigue and also support the body’s recovery process. The food you eat must include:
- Proteins are essential for wound healing. Try eating lots of foods like chicken and eggs
- Vitamin C Several studies have shown that vitamin C and zinc can help cure. So eat the recommended amount of fruit every day.
- B12 and iron help the bone marrow to form new blood cells. It includes foods such as fish and eggs.
- Fibre and Probiotics, this combination strengthens the immune system and keeps the digestive tract function properly. Eating yogurt with cereal is an easy way to consume fibre and probiotics!
Other foods should be avoided, such as:
- Sports drinks – While it’s essential to stay hydrated, sodium in sports drinks can cause water retention in the body, making it challenging to reduce swelling.
- Sugar foods – Limit refined sugar intake because it can cause increased fatigue due to fluctuations in blood sugar levels.
Don’t Miss Follow Up Appointment With Doctor:
Even if you feel better, it’s essential to follow up because your doctor will look for things that you might not be able to see. Further blood tests can also be done to make sure there is no infection and may require adjustments to your treatment.
Follow Plastic surgeon’s Recovery Plan:
It is essential to follow specific recovery instructions that may include:
- Use painkillers and anti-swelling drugs and to promote healing.
- Rinse the affected area as needed
- Lift the affected area as it is necessary to reduce swelling.
- Avoid direct sunlight during the healing period
- Effective use of drains sometimes used to help the discharge of excess fluid in the initial healing phase, for example, after breast surgery.
- Follow-up timely meetings with the surgeon
- To ensure optimal wound healing and to ensure there are no complications or infections, a patient needs to go to a doctor for a check-up and get his professional opinion. In this way, healing problems can be fixed and corrected so that they no longer become problems later.
- Plan your healing process before surgery by eating right and give yourself plenty of rest. If you take care of yourself for weeks or even months before you get a proper diet, plastic surgery will help you recover faster.
- Also, make sure to drink plenty of fluids and provide nutrition after surgery so that your body gets the nutrients that need to fix it quickly.
- Stop smoking to speed up the healing process.
Don’t worry about returning to work and other social problems with swelling or bruising after plastic surgery. Most patients take a week off. During this time, the swelling and bruising decrease dramatically. Many patients are not worried about residual swelling or bruising when it is time to return to work. There are several methods for bruising and swelling, if necessary, to treat.
If you have planned a procedure at Ambrosia Clinic, then the doctor will take care of you to ensure a smooth and successful recovery. We have highly qualified doctors who can perform surgery and provides you recovery plan. Our doctors have extensive experience in providing quality care services, including post-operative care and pain management.
Contact us at +91 90149 01020 to learn more about how Ambrosia Clinic can ensure a smooth recovery for you or your loved ones. Call today to make an appointment for your plastic surgery at Ambrosia Clinic Hyderabad.
About Ambrosia Clinic:
Dr. Priti Shukla – Cosmetic Surgeon
Ambrosia Clinic is the best plastic surgery, dermatology and hair transplant clinic in Hyderabad, India. Team Ambrosia is led by Dr Priti Shukla who has been practising aesthetic plastic surgery since 2001. Thousands of people have had surgery done by Dr Priti Shukla. A team of dermatologists and hair transplant surgeons complete the makeover of anyone who desires to be more beautiful. eons complete the makeover of anyone who desires to be more beautiful.