Chin augmentation can be a surgical procedure or a nonsurgical procedure. Chin augmentation strengthens the appearance of a receding chin by increasing its projection. Facial implants provide a permanent and predictable result. Sometimes fat may be injected into specific areas to restore a more youthful fullness to your face. Treatment with fat injections may need to be repeated to maintain improvement.
The goal of chin augmentation is to improve your profile by creating a better balance between your chin and other facial features. Increasing the projection of your chin will not affect your bite or jaw function.
- Anaesthesia: General / Local
- Duration of Surgery: 1 hour
- Where: Operation theatre
- Hospital Stay: Daycare surgery
- Stitches: Absorbable, hidden under the chin
- Recovery: Chin is swollen for 1-2 weeks. Back to work in one week. No rest needed
- How is it Done: Through a small cut under the chin a silicon implant is placed on the chin bone, under the skin and muscle to make the chin prominent.
Frequently Asked Questions – Chin Augmentation
Are implants safe?
Silicon implants are safe and are compatible with human body.
How long does the result last?
Result is permanent.
What are the possible risks?
Uncommon risks are – hematoma (collection of blood), seroma( fluid collection), infection, implant displacement, asymmetry, nerve injury, numbness, implant extrusion.
If I do not like the implant can it be removed safely or can the size be changed?
Yes, implant can be removed easily and replaced if needed.
Are there other ways of making chin prominent?
Can chin implant be combined with other facial surgeries?